BMW Werkz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Room, here's the pic of my baby, I have alot more to do but I think i'm off to a good start. Guys guys have been great with the info i've been receiving from you, thabks again ..

p.s. how do I add my pic to my signature ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by DHW BMW328I@Aug 14 2003, 09:10 PM

p.s. how do I add my pic to my signature ?
Get that baby re-sized to a smaller one then upload it (browser) in the test section then hit your browser again in your profile under edit signature..If you need one downsized PM any mod here and they'll do it for you..thread your pic in the test forum first.. :wink

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Looks good! :thumbs :thumbs

I asked this in the other thread, but I'll ask again......What kind of rims did you get?

Also, let me know if you need help resizing a picture for you sig.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
awesome car. it's interesting how i never see any red bmw's on the road, yet it's one of the 3 colors in which you don't have to pay extra for.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rims are 18 inch Akuza .... ride a little stiffer but I didn't loose anything in the handling .....

I do need help in resizing my pic, I don't understand what you mean by Thread ?
i'm still a little new to this forum but i'm catching on ....
You guy have alot of info & have been very helpful, once I learn alttle more about the car I hope to return the favor, Thanks again guys .....

p.s. Yes Sienna Red is a color BMW offers & one of the reasons I got this color is because I don't see alot of them & the other, it's my favorite color ....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know where I can get the spoiler that looks like a lips on the end of the trunk on the new 3 series or is that apart of the trunk ????

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome aboard v nice ride, congrats.
i think the lip ur refering to is the m3 lip spoiler, not sure where in the US u can get it, pm Nikis-places

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you can get the m3 lip spoiler at the dealer. i can give you the part number for it if you'd like. i've seen them on ebay, but i don't quite trust the products on ebay. there are several other places you can order them from, but can't think of them right now.

ac schnitzer also sells a lip spoiler similar to the m3.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the lip online but, it says no drilling require, this sounds cheap... I rather have no spoiler at all than to have a cheap looking one. Is the one from the dealer a permanent install ?

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just checked the lip spoiler from the dealer & it say adhesive required...

Requires painting. Professional installation highly recommended. Adhesive sold separately.

Part Number Description Price
51 71 7 894 050 Genuine BMW Rear Lip Spoiler - M3 style
$124.95

I guess adhesive is the permanent install ......

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
BMW e46 M3 rear deck lip spoiler part# 51 71 7 893 671

no, there's no drilling involved. it is attached using adhesives. they are very easily put on, but they are very hard to take off. the dealer put mine on for me and that thing won't budge. its on good.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hmmm, different part numbers.........i better double check that.

try and see if you can get the dealer to throw in the adhesive. that's what i did so basically, i just paid for the spoiler itself and the paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts