BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On september 5th 2009 i became the proud owner of my first BMW (3rd German car) a 92 325is with a M3 kit. As you can see i waisted no time adding h&r spring and 18in. wheels (car is much cleaner now will update asap).

Today i was driving and the temp gauge went all the way red. When i checked the oil it looked like chocolate milk. I let it sit added more coolant and drove it home, but it didnt run hot. Is my headgasket blown for sure? Thanks in advance everyone

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
That will be the headgasket leaking Im afraid.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn thats what i was afraid of, being that the headgasket seems to be leaking and not completetly blown, hsould i bother with trying some of that "stop leak" product they sell at auto stores or just replace the gasket? Thanks again ya'll

p.s. will def post more pics

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
Damn thats what i was afraid of, being that the headgasket seems to be leaking and not completetly blown, hsould i bother with trying some of that "stop leak" product they sell at auto stores or just replace the gasket? Thanks again ya'll

p.s. will def post more pics
Welcome to the Werkz........sorry to hear about the head gasket!

The stop leak is a waste of time......here is a link on e36 head gasket replacement......& FCP Groton has the gasket set.
BMW E36 E34 325 525 325i 525i Cylinder Head Gasket Set

Pelican Technical Article: BMW Head Gasket Replacement

jb

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea imma fix it this week. I use to drive a turbo integra and i have alot of experience with blown gaskets lol. Thanks again.

p.s. Any advice on oil? I was gonna run some "Mobil 1 10w40" full synthetic.

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
Mobil 1 10w40" full synthetic, good choice, that will be fine, good luck with head gasket change.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.