BMW Werkz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Welcome to the Werkz.

Do you have a really large family to move around, too much spare space in the garage which you needed to fill, or a fetish for a different colored car for each day of the week, in which case, what color are you missing? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
740IL's

Hello,
I don't have any pictures yet but I do have problems especially with the 95. It smoked badly when I got it so I changed the OSV. No help. It still smoked especially at start up and hard acceleration. The OSV was an aftermarket, so I replaced it with a OEM. Same results. It gurgles in the oil pan and it still smokes. The brake fluid light is on for no reason. The reservoir is at max and has been. Disconnected the battery for 1 hour. Same results. I love this car but it is driving me crazy. I regret selling my 97 328i. Keith

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Hello,
I don't have any pictures yet but I do have problems especially with the 95. It smoked badly when I got it so I changed the OSV. No help. It still smoked especially at start up and hard acceleration. The OSV was an aftermarket, so I replaced it with a OEM. Same results. It gurgles in the oil pan and it still smokes. The brake fluid light is on for no reason. The reservoir is at max and has been. Disconnected the battery for 1 hour. Same results. I love this car but it is driving me crazy. I regret selling my 97 328i. Keith
Have you done a compression test on it?
Have you changed the brake fluid at all?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Welcome, as Brett has said a comp check would be a good idea, also after changing the PCV it can take around 200+ miles to clear out the oil left in the intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Haven't done a compression check yet. I will do it this weekend. The break fluid light is still on. The Bentley says the switch is closed for normal. Is that true? Mine is open for normal. It shorts when the fluid is low. One 94 740 is a donor providing front end parts for the other. The oil consumption on the 95 is getting worse instead of better. The engine maybe shot. Is there any history for replacing the M60 with a GM 350?
Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Did a compression check today. 65 to 95 psi. Not good huh. Both rear plugs were oil fouled so it's still getting oil thru the OSV. The plugs were new. About 300 miles. They were put in after the BMW OSV was installed. Any suggestions?
Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
95 e38 smoking

Hi,
Have quit driving the smoking 95 but recently read an article in Roundel about Lubro Moly flush. My e38 sat for a couple of years. Will this stuff help the oil smoke problem? I'm driving the E32 and its a great car but not as nice as the E38.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.