BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Got a small problem with my 2003 525i se. I sometime lose all electrical power from my car when I stop. No dashboard lights or anything. However, I only have to open and slam any door and I get electrics back!

During driving, I notice that the dashboard lights sometimes flash with the amber warning lights but as the car is running, it seems to sort itself out.
I've also had the alarm sometimes going off, but when I try to open doors with my remote, I'm unable to do it. So I to do it manually. I guess opening and shutting the door, again reinstalls the electrics. I notice the clock loses time if the electrics have not been powered, ie in the last scenario.
This seems to occure more during damp conditions rather than during hot summer months.

I noticed that one of the relays in the boot near the battery was hot, there seem to be no other wiring problems, good battery connections, clean leads, etc.
Has anyone else had these problems or can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, you can email me on [email protected]

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Mybe a loose connection as WS has suggested, checkthe onnections to the ignition swich and tthe rear of the dial cluster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thank you guys for the replies, I'll have a look around behind the ignition panel. Is it an easy job, Can I get to the panel fairly easy? Thanks in advance.
Also is there a free website where I can see workshop manuals on line for my 2003 525i?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts