BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear from a buddy of mine that as soon as his new M5 hit 1200 miles, it became a completely different animal. A much scarier, more intense animal.

Anybody else hear this? Perhaps there's a built-in computer break-in that ends at 1200 miles?

·
Registered
967 Posts
M3UOND said:
So I hear from a buddy of mine that as soon as his new M5 hit 1200 miles, it became a completely different animal. A much scarier, more intense animal.

Anybody else hear this? Perhaps there's a built-in computer break-in that ends at 1200 miles?
Thats probably a good guess. I would imagine that you would want to take all precautionary steps to break in a v-10 with 40 valves...i love this engine

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Yeah, a diferent animal because then you can actually floor it and not have to worry about crap.

If I bought one, I'd spend the whole first 24 hours breaking it in ... that way I could go to sleep after that, and when I wake up, I could do what I want with the car. :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeaaahh right now you cant go over 5k rpms or 100mph.....cant use the launch mode...and i dont know ive heard it just doesnt drive the same...once you hit 1200 miles you take it to the dealer and they check it up and you are free to go

only 400 miles as of right now for us :(

ill definatley let you guys know after 1200 miles its gonna be the shit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts