BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced my instrument cluster in my 93 325i sedan. Everything works great except my odometer do not come on at all. My service indicator light which is a part of the same piece does work. My car had about 91-92k miles on it when the cluster went out but is that stored in my cars computer or in the old cluster? Has anyone here replaced the cluster or something simular? I will most likely have to take it to the dealer to hook to their service tools (maybe Ill get a freebee) Just kiddin, we all know I was just kiddin!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hmmm, not sure, but i think when you exchange the clusters, the odometer readings will go with the clusters. you may have the odometer of the car that the cluster came from, but why it doesn't come on? Beats me.

I could be wrong about this, tho. :unsure:

S

·
0 Posts
hmm...possible a connecter wasnt fully seated? id pull it back out, and put it back in...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe its a bulb out. I will check it tomorow but I think I can barely see the mileage and it reads 188234 which is about 100k too many. I will definitely take my old cluster to the stealer to put the correct miles on my car. I also have a light out behind the temp gauge so I'll kill two birds with one stone. If anyone needs to know how to take a cluster out of a 3 series just email me cus I've got it down .
Matt

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
bulb would deffinately do it. but id check everything before putting everything back together. we all know how much of a pain it is to get the gauge pop in and out of the dash

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bulb and the odometer does read 188234 which is twice as much as the car actually has on it. I talked to a mechanic and he said try to take the old odometer out and put it in the replacement. I tried and was unsuccessful because it is sodered to the circuit board. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
608 Posts
those are hella difficult, first of all bmw does not want you messing with the odometer, you should hold off for the mechanic to do that, anywho, what do you guys think of the digital odometers, how are those preventative of milage rollback or what not? :argh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts