BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 85 318i
After reading a few forums, I am starting to think I made the wrong choice
Don't get me wrong here, I love driving it, never driven anything like this before
But some things I have been reading, it seems the 318i was not the best choice, no matter how little I paid for it
I plan on keeping it for a while so I guess I want to know if this bentley book?? I have read about would be a good idea for me to get and where on earth can I find one?

Sorry for the crazy/dumb question but I know zip about BMW's, going to learn though
I look forward to working on this and getting to know some folks from the various forums
Yes, I will ask MANY dumb newbie questions I am sure, hope I don't get on peoples nerves to badly

Thanks

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
#1 - :welcome

#2 - You may be able to get a Bently manual for your car from www.bavauto.com, I'm sure others will have other/better places you can get the manual from but that's a start.

#3 - If you are happy with the car, enjoy driving it, and really want to learn about BMWs and YOUR car then I don't see how it was the wrong choice. Remember, everyone has their opinion. None are right, none are wrong, they are simply opinions. Don't start second guessing your decision because of what other people say.

#4 - Ask all the questions you want. Even if you think it's a dumb question. We are here to help spread the joy of BMW and will try our best to answer all your questions as best we can. We are not overly judgemental on this forum, and will not 'flame' you for asking a question. Actully, we don't flame much at all.

So good luck, bring the questions on, and enjoy your stay. :thumbs

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
welcome and well put GD. have fun with your new BMW my friend

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Sep 26 2003, 02:59 PM
welcome and well put GD. have fun with your new BMW my friend
:thumbs

Sometimes I'm so full of it I scare myself ... uh ... I mean thanks :paranoid

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi, welcome aboard. I got my Bentley from Amazon.ca. If you're American, check out Amazon.com.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys
I can't wait to "dig" into it
It needs some work, but I hope to have it looking nice before to long
I just feel lucky I found a running car, BMW or other for 1K
This will be my DD in the near future but I don't have to get in any hurry, I have a good reliable car to drive until I get this one the way I want it

Again, thanks for the welcome and the info :wave

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new e30! :wave

check your local book stores first for the bently manual, theyre pretty common and they can probably get one for you if it isnt on the shelf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts