BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a bit lost on what to chip to get for my car, I just got my report card (Ive been out of town alot) and my parents gave me 500 bucks for it, and I was hoping for a new chip or a cai.. any advice on witch to get first.. or is it worth just saving for s/c.. or will I kill myself with a s/c ..

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by m42technic@Aug 21 2003, 07:51 PM
Get a chip. Try to get one done by Jim Conforti if at all possible. Definitely more bang for your buck than a CAI. You can get a JC chip at http://www.turnermotorsport.com/
deffinately go for a JC chip. your cars a 99 right? if so, then you would need a shark injector, which usually runs about $100 more than a regular chip, however it does have more 'features' than a regular chip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would this chip be good for a 96 M3 as well?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Black E36 M3@Aug 21 2003, 10:57 PM
Would this chip be good for a 96 M3 as well?
yes. the round shark injector software is good for all obd-2 M52's (1996-2000), and the square shark injector is for M54's (2001+).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh hmmm yea. I didnt realize that this wasnt for the '95 since you said a "chip." For your OBDII car you would need a Shark Injector as MrM3 said. But still get the JC software. And you can still find it at Turner.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by m42technic@Aug 22 2003, 12:45 PM
Oh hmmm yea. I didnt realize that this wasnt for the '95 since you said a "chip." For your OBDII car you would need a Shark Injector as MrM3 said. But still get the JC software. And you can still find it at Turner.
there are no conforti chips for obd-2 cars, the shark injector is the conforti software

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't want to down any of the "normal" outlets for OBD-II re-programming but I would look around for a independent tuner or someone that may not be mainstream, I say this because if I understand the process correctly there is only so many ways / things you can do to the current software therefore as long as you have a good garentee and a shop that knows what they are doing you might save yourself a buck or two and still have the end result you are looking for...MORE POWER!!!! Thats M2C.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3+Aug 22 2003, 02:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrM3 @ Aug 22 2003, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-m42technic@Aug 22 2003, 12:45 PM
there are no conforti chips for obd-2 cars, the shark injector is the conforti software [/b][/quote]
The '95 M3's used chips as they had OBDI. He said he wanted to get a "chip," so I thought he wanted to get a chip for a '95 M3. I do realize that all cars after '95 have OBDII and dont use chips, they have to use reprograming software. I thought I clarified that in my last post, but I guess I didnt...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts