BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 98, 328i with 55k miles on it. I must say, for a car that is 6 years old.... THIS CAR ROCKS!!!! :rock

It handles and drives soooo smooth. At first I didn't think it had any pick up on the starting line, so I decided to open it up at a red light and BOY did that thing run!!! Beautiful car. I ended up going about 90mph and it felt like I was going 50mph. I will never go back. :D

Anyway, I paid 15,900 for it. Do you guys think I paid too much? :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When is comes to CAI systems, what is the best. I see a bunch on EBAY for $40, but then there are some for $350. Why so expensive? Are they that much better?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
No. ;)

Great feeling isn't it? I NEVER thought I'd be a freak about my car when I got one. I expected to get a regular-ol banger and would treat it as such. Well I got a bimmer. But only untill I started driving it after a while did it really sink into my puny brain that I have somthing special. Now I hand wash it all the time and get all giddy when I even look at it.
Enjoy your car. Take care of it, it will last a long time. You already have a more powerful engine than mine so I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The CAI's are debatable, I have one that was made, no manufacturer, seems to work fine, then people opt for the ones made by dinan($300) or Active Autowerke(around $300 also)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've heard that the $40 CAI performs just as well as dinan so its up to you. I have a benfer CAI and I love it got it off Ebay for $150.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi all newbie here but same as jennysandrew got my bm and thought just another car damb was i wrong hahaha i love driving it and got a peach of a deal i think car cost me £1200 ok its a 91 but in blinding condition and only fault was a really bad drop-bar which i have now changed 115 k not to high for year

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by jennsydandrew@Jan 29 2004, 09:37 PM
I just bought this 98, 328i with 55k miles on it. I must say, for a car that is 6 years old.... THIS CAR ROCKS!!!! :rock

It handles and drives soooo smooth. At first I didn't think it had any pick up on the starting line, so I decided to open it up at a red light and BOY did that thing run!!! Beautiful car. I ended up going about 90mph and it felt like I was going 50mph. I will never go back. :D

Anyway, I paid 15,900 for it. Do you guys think I paid too much? :confused
My car look exactly like yours except that it is only a 2 door, but I will agree with you when I say that this car really hauls ass!!!. and I just ordered a CAI for it off of ebay, I plan on getting the Dinan performance chip with my tax return

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
yeah dude CAI is totally something that you should ebay! I mean intake is intake! you can make your own if you want! But go find a nice one on ebay and buy it itll free up some HP on your new nice car! Great buy!

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
aloha :welcome everyone, im new to this whole forum thing. and i just got my bimmer 2 weeks ago. 99' 328iS - i was all crazy to. my sister got a new ford focus. wat a piece. haha. i credit my parents. the first week I peerd at my bimmer i was all smiles. not believing i got a car that runs great. i payed $18,500 for mine, with 58,000 miles. it runs great. though i need to fix a couple things, like cd player (doesn't come with one) new exhaust. polish cam and spoiler along with some other little goodies (handbreak) *dvd* but im loving it. only problem is its bright red and im 18 which makes me a target :guns

but i need to learn more about my car so ill be posting a lot :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts