BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i finally found the car i wanted, 2004 black/black silver trim 325xi manual. The car has 65k miles and looks like it was maintained by the previous owner. It was a trade in a a bmw dealership around my area. My only concern is i don't know how the 325xi manual trannys are, do they last a while?,or are they weak and will inevitably run into issues? Also what other concerns should i look into before i make this purchase final on Monday. The final price on the car is $11,900, id say i did pretty good and its mint. (cellphone pics are not amazing more coming soon)

Attachments

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Like any transmission it will last the life of the car if its been serviced regularly whether its manual or automatic.

The car looks fine from the pics and with only 65k on the clock you should be fine,its not even run in yet!.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Just ensure it has received regular maintenance and be sure to take good care of it yourself. The transmision is the same used on the RWD 3 Series -- not one to worry about.

I think you'll enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, and best yet its coming from a Bmw dealership rather then some used car place. They are running it though the shop and most likely throwing on new tires and brakes if needed. The dealership its coming from is a Ferrari/Maserati/Bmw dealership so there pretty legit. They were easy to work with and up front about everything, the car was in one accident with a guardrail but it looks like it was professorially repaired the right way because i cant even tell where it got hit, no indications of anything. Also another thing, i was wondering where i can find a tutorial how to clear the headlights i know i could search but i tried and failed to find a good 04 e46 version

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need to replace front CV boots closest to the wheel. Has anyone succesfully accomplished this? Is how and anything special/difficult about doing it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts