BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read sharkeys profile and the noobs are right,there is no one here. What happened? When i joined there were people willing to respond to others.
Time for some one new to step up to the plate methinks. This site sucks and we let it happen,come on you werkers we can do it. Contact the old boys and lets have a reunion and rip the shit outa each other.
NOOBS the time is ripe for a takeover,the old clique is shot. Some body do something!

No i wont as my job is to snipe from the sidelines,like the bitter and twisted Brit that i am.

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
You Pommy Generals are always willing to fight the battle, as long as someone else is the cannon fodder. :)

You are right though, there has been a high level attrition of the older experienced members, so we do need the community to step up and help where they can.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
an Aussie doing what they do best

You Pommy Generals are always willing to fight the battle, as long as someone else is the cannon fodder. :)

You are right though, there has been a high level attrition of the older experienced members, so we do need the community to step up and help where they can.
nice one Brett ski, like every Aussie I've ever known your adept at bashing the motherland. Unfortunately you don't seem to read newspapers, I think you'll find that the poms are doing their bit when it comes to the fighting. Iraqi, Afghanistan and now Libya, but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good old-fashioned carp.

Okay let's stop the bitching and try and resurrect this site, we need to encourage new members to get on-board. As someone who's been lurking round this site for some time now and who seems to have a decent knowledge of motorcarsyou're in a pretty good position to help encourage the new boys.

One of the biggest problems I found with this site in the past was that a small clique seemed to have formed. Some of these guys were in a position of power and didn't do too much to encourage anyone who showed up to stay around. That's not to say that they didn't have a first-class knowledge of all things BMW, unfortunately their people skills were not so good.

I look forward to your comments, that's if you're not too busy celebrating the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton, we all know how you Aussies love the Royals.

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
That may very well be true.

I try to suggest ways for people to help themselves. I am not a mechanic, but I do try to think about problems logically and analytically. There was a sudden exodus of regular members, but I have kept the faith.

Royals??? William and Kate seem like a nice couple, I wish them luck, but I have no interest in the event.

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
Hehehe... Can I throw myself into the mix?
I am a mechanic and a Moderator on a uk BMW site...
I spend many hours helping and advising, my evenings and weekends are free for me to do this !!!
I would upgrade to Lifetime option too!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome aboard

Hehehe... Can I throw myself into the mix?
I am a mechanic and a Moderator on a uk BMW site...
I spend many hours helping and advising, my evenings and weekends are free for me to do this !!!
I would upgrade to Lifetime option too!!!
We need you matey, i say your in!

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
Thx again, Jimmy. Like I said in a different post, I am here to stay. I like this format and I am surprised to hear about favouritism and exodus'... Shame really... Let me in and I promise to liven things up for the sole benefit of the site and it's members/subscribers...
DAZ

Also, I could bring some really good ideas with me too!

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
what the fuck do you want pie face? I have yet to see a picture of your lazy ass holding a Werkz sign standing in front of your village in England.

I still lurk here fuckers, remember that.

MUahahahaha

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Shark, you know you're cool in my book. One of the few on this forum i can get along with. I just tolerate almost (read, Del) everyone else.

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
Don't wanna tread on any toes, guys... It's just I have worked for BMW before and thought I could add something... Even promote Bimmerwerkz too, and have some fun doing it LOL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
speed Demon is it somewhat tragic that your behaviour doesn't seem to have improved over the years. Perhaps your behaviour and some of your cronies are responsible for the mass exodus and general rundown state of the site.are you suggesting that I'm overstepping myself in wishing to see the site prosper, this is supposed to be an Internet forum for fans of the BMW marque.
all the best Jimmy

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
speed Demon is it somewhat tragic that your behaviour doesn't seem to have improved over the years. Perhaps your behaviour and some of your cronies are responsible for the mass exodus and general rundown state of the site.are you suggesting that I'm overstepping myself in wishing to see the site prosper, this is supposed to be an Internet forum for fans of the BMW marque.
all the best Jimmy
Me and my cronies? Fuck you dude. We were the reason this site stayed alive. We actually planned on trying to buy it back from autoguide, but they wouldn't sell.

And you are overstepping yourself in nominating people to be mods/admin. watch it, or my last act before i walk away entirely will be to ban you for good.

PS, my behaviour always goes to shit when i see you post. plain and simple, i honestly think i like del more than you.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry you feel that way speed Demon but perhaps you should reflect that it may be your attitude that has driven a lot of people away. Perhaps you should consider some sort of professional help like counselling to assist with your anger management issues.

Please try to remember that I am also a member of this site and keep your comments civil. If I could just reiterate all I'm trying to do is see this site prosper and to attract the type of members we used to have, I'm sorry that that doesn't fit in with the way you see things but that's your problem and not mine.

In spite of your unpleasant tirade against me I wish you all the best with your new site.

Best wishes Jimmy

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
It is what it is. I wish you the best with this site guys, hopefully autoguide doesn't ruin it anymore than they have already managed to.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Bloody Hell....what the fock's going on??? :shifty

1 - 20 of 48 Posts