BMW Werkz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the NEW 2004 5series..i'm about to get one..first bimmer..

let me kno

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, as I said before in one thread, the front looks evil. It should look more neutral like the older ones.

I read a bit of the technicallity of the car and it's a jungle. That car got loads with options and electronics.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
the only thing i dont like is the headlights

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
They are starting to hit the dealer showrooms so I am going to start calling to see when one comes in. I am already starting to actually like the car and I think it will look better in person. I hated the Z4, until I saw it in person and now I like it too. I think the same will apply for the E60.

Hey, 330igurl, Nice signature you added. Did Woobiee help you with that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am sure it will grow on all of us...my biggest beef is the increased cost...they are pushing the price up to the stratosphere...

I am not convinced they have added enough tech to just the increased cost...

Have you looked at the option costs...I think the premium package is now $3300, upgraded sound is $1800(though I hear the Logic 7 is very nice), Xenon are now $800

Remember most who get the car will want auto ..that is $1275..crazy for a car at this cost that the auto/stick should be a no cost option

Also fold seats are still an option, rear airbag why is this not standard..

MSRP: $44500 plus del $695..$45000
add premium package, auto,sound,xenon$6900 in options..the car is at $52000..at this cost personally the value on a E320 is higher...nicer looking

I am not sure whether I like Idrive or not...

The car is just getting to expensive IMHO

I new the 04 was a resedign and bought an 03 because I like the looks better in Late July..the only disappointed(well) no lumbar adjustment (should have been apart of the prem. pack like in 04) and I could not find a prem. sound on the lot...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Sep 25 2003, 08:06 AM
They are starting to hit the dealer showrooms so I am going to start calling to see when one comes in. I am already starting to actually like the car and I think it will look better in person. I hated the Z4, until I saw it in person and now I like it too. I think the same will apply for the E60.

Hey, 330igurl, Nice signature you added. Did Woobiee help you with that?
yup yup :thumbs ...I wish I could do something like that........

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
i went to the stealer yesterday. they lost my appointment. i did see 4 530i 2004 E60's

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
in person the headlights still piss me off. they should have designed them likek the new 7-series

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cant stand it. Ugly. Saw one with 20's (see pic)....Still don't like it. Sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like the car... it's all personal opinion though. I'm happy with my 3er and I don't really worry about BMW tanking b/c a few older BMW guys hate the new cars. BMW continues to sell well.. so we'll see what happens after the 2004 year.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Was at the dealer yesterday and checked out the 530. It does look better than in the pics. I think they are not ugly...the front and sides look kinda nice (I was trying hard to appreciate it though) but the front is still unacceptable. I sat in the driver's seat and didn't like the dash, console and the door panels.

Overall, I was not impressed. No WOWs at all. If I was a potential buyer, they would have lost a customer that day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the new facelift lost the EGO of BMW. Honda Accord must have influenced the mind of BMW designers too much. pss.... :screwy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone knows how the new 525i going? Is it good enough for the car with that engine?
The dealer said to me that the new 5 has lighter body than the old, because it uses aluminium.

for nealh,
the premium package isn't 3300, but 2,400. The sport package is 3,300. but you get bunch of new things in it.

Thanks guys!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
premium pckg...only adds lumbar support that was not present in 03 to my knowledge...which should have include before '04

·
Registered
163 Posts
Originally posted by flyncruz@Oct 6 2003, 07:15 PM
I think the new facelift lost the EGO of BMW. Honda Accord must have influenced the mind of BMW designers too much. pss.... :screwy
Repost of a post I made about someone comparing the 6er to the new GTO:

People need to stop saying that the overall outline of a car means it looks the same. The car doesn't share a single design element with the other unless you want to say something like "they have four wheels or both include glass"(but even then the wheel designs/size, tire make/size, glass shape/contours/thickness are all different) . Even at first glance you couldn't get those cars confused.

Headlights, grille, fog light size and detail, rear quarter window, side mirrors, window strake, side panel detail, wheel pattern, trunk, etc etc etc are ALL DIFFERENT. Take a couple pictures of the interior and you'll find even more differences.

Oh well, the way I look at it BMW is still making a profit. No matter what you design you're going to attract some people and you're going to lose some people. In the case of business as long as you continue to turn a profit then you're A-OK and I haven't heard anything about BMW in a steep decline.

Right now BMW is now "image branding" their entire line again. Every car manu does it. Just look at how Nissan has re-invented their line around the 350Z design elements(altima, maxima, murano, mini van). Mazda is pulling design elements from the old Rx-8 concept into it's line(Mazda6, RX8, Mazda3). BMW is using the 7-series to rehash it's image. You have to take risks in the biz.

Some people will find either the GTO or the 6er their car of choice. You can't take both cars and expect some random car buyer to purchase the same one every time. But you can take the cars and find out which has the best quality of fit and finish.

** I think that this fits perfectly with the accord statement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts