BMW Werkz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my uncle has WAYY to much money and for my 16th birthday, he bought me a 2002 mustang gt. brand spankin new.. well I thought that was pretty damn cool except I had my heart set on a bmw of some sort, because all my friends drive them (one friend has a 93 318is ) another friends garage is (325xi 330i x5 z4) and I was looking at a mid 90's m3 .. 95-98 What do you guys think? I think I could get about 17-19 k out of the mustang, would that be enough for a nice m3? Also .. as far a 1/4 times and 0-60 times, how does the m3 match up against the mustangs? I know the mustangs have a impressive 4.8L V8 with 290 hp.. but they are american made soo.. they have to suck .. Anyway thanks in advance

- If you have any, i would love to see 1/4 mile times as well as 0-60 times :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
M3 is a great choice, its about the same 1/4 mile time. However, don't buy an M if all you want is a 1/4 mile car, the mustang would be much better.

I have seen some stock M3's pull high 13's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Rodm21@May 19 2003, 10:42 AM
Ok, so my uncle has WAYY to much money and for my 16th birthday, he bought me a 2002 mustang gt. brand spankin new.. well I thought that was pretty damn cool except I had my heart set on a bmw of some sort, because all my friends drive them (one friend has a 93 318is ) another friends garage is (325xi 330i x5 z4) and I was looking at a mid 90's m3 .. 95-98 What do you guys think? I think I could get about 17-19 k out of the mustang, would that be enough for a nice m3? Also .. as far a 1/4 times and 0-60 times, how does the m3 match up against the mustangs? I know the mustangs have a impressive 4.8L V8 with 290 hp.. but they are american made soo.. they have to suck .. Anyway thanks in advance

- If you have any, i would love to see 1/4 mile times as well as 0-60 times :huh:
damn...u know insurance is goin to be a killer for u man since ur 16 wit m3..close to 300 a month..but u could get a 325i or is and put a AA turbo in it..(m3 killer) or put the M52 engine in it(m3 engine)..and there u go..a m3 for less on insurance and shit..and welcome..hope that helps u out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@May 19 2003, 12:03 PM
i can tell ya with insurance...i pay more than 300 a month and im 19 with a 323ci.
damn really..u have a bad record?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
u should go wit my idea..u can make a m3 for 16k..and make it nicer probly :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
u can buy some m3s for less than 16k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Fruityone@May 19 2003, 02:54 PM
u can buy some m3s for less than 16k
ya but insurance would be a killer for a 16 yr old. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
I pay 400 a month 9 times a year>...

Its the EXACT same as what my M3 cost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@May 19 2003, 07:35 PM
I pay 400 a month 9 times a year>...

Its the EXACT same as what my M3 cost
damn....u have some crazy ass insurance...isnt there any cheaper then that?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
:lol: im listed as the "occasional driver" on both of my cars.....shhhhhhhhhhh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
I think you should be damn freeking respectful for your uncle getting you any car much less a brand new GT. Shit my uncle never bought me a car when i was 17, much less a $30,000 car, much less a car ever. How long have you had the car? if you say less than a year i should kick your ass already wanting another car just cause the one you got doesnt suit your "needs" and by needs i mean peer pressure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have it YET, I will have it in 12 days (shipping) I just dont really want a american made car.. and ya, it will be insured under my mom and I will be listed as a occasion driver (shhhh) so it will only be like 130 a month or somethin like that.. my mom being 55 and never having a ticket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
... i think you just missed the point of everything i just said. YOU DONT EVEN FREEKING HAVE THE CAR YET AND ARE PLANNING TO SELL IT!

i dont know if everyone else is seeing the stupidity of this but i can only think "lamer" or better yet "spoiled lamer"
Dont give me crap for this post either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 20 2003, 01:41 AM
:lol: im listed as the "occasional driver" on both of my cars.....shhhhhhhhhhh
cool :) ima try that....hehehe

keep it on the down-lo :ph34r:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Yea thats what my friend does. He has a 93 supra and its registered under his moms name i think so the insurance isn't half as high as it would be since hes 17.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by cardio@May 20 2003, 06:15 AM
Yea thats what my friend does. He has a 93 supra and its registered under his moms name i think so the insurance isn't half as high as it would be since hes 17.
exactly, my cars are registered under my dads name
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top