BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 E38 that has "smoke" coming through the vents, both front and rear(behind front seats). There is coolant on the ground at the back of the engine, and the floor at the rear right passenger feet is wet. Is there somewhere I can find some good isntructions with pictures? I found one that said you didn't need to remove that whole console, but it had no pics. I need one for removing the rear control also. Thanks a lot.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Basically you have to remove the lower half of the dash, its a big pain as you will see in the link below once you have removed the lower part of the dash you will have access to the core:

Heater Core repair - I. general info

Although I wouldn't remove the steering column, I don't think there is need of this...

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Are you sure its the heater core??? are you losing coolant from the system?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am, but smoke is coming out of the front vents, and I see coolant on the ground behind the right front wheel. Under the back of the wheel well. Alsom there is coolant on the floor behind the right front passenger seat.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
When I say are you losing coolant I mean from the radiator/expansion bottle....if you are then its the heater core as you say..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts