BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of an E30. I have had the car for a few days with no problems until thanksgiving morning. I tried to start the car and with the car in the "run" position all the normal lights come on and when the key is put in "start" there is a click and all dies, lights go off and everything. You can't do anything again until the battery cable is disconnected and then reconnected again. An hour later the car starts fine and runs strong, then after turned off it repeated the above but now it won't start at all.
:mad

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
If it didnt turn over via jumping the starter I would say your starter has given up, remove it and put a +/- feed on it if it doesnt whizz.....dead, which may only be the solonoid or bushes at the worst the armature is worn out....

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection to the starter to me or................It may even be your ignition switch, not part of the barrel, if you drop the steering column shroud you will see a rectangular box with wires coming from it, this is the switch and these are prone to intermittent failure or total failure as the contacts inside get worn/sticky......easy DIY job...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts