BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a 96' 328i I found. The only problem with the car is the AC.
While test driving, the Heater would come on randomly. He didnt know why, he said it might be a relay. Also, the AC was not working at all so im not sure what it is. I think he mentioned that the compressor might have blown. Let me know what I should do and how to fix these problems.

Im in cali so it will get hot with the black leather.

I also need to know where to buy good new parts if I need them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
heater and a/c not working correctly - i would start by checking all fuses to see if they are in order(front and reas fuse carriers); then probe the dashboard climate control. If that checks out, then u have two separate issues.

For parts, we have site support vendors. I have used them for sourcing out my parts and they've never let me down ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it is a relay you think? Im more worried about the heater coming on randomly. SOMEONE?? I thought more people come on here.lol. The motor blows fine, its just coming on randomly and i dont know why. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.