·
Registered
5,253 Posts
most likey ull have to remoxe your bumper

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this hard to do...does anyone have a right up or anything like that on how to install this thing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, buit does anyone have any pics of what their intake looks like?!?!, one similar to mine i mean

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it looks like i have to relocate the horn..how would i go about doing that also...thanks guys, much apreciated. ill take pics when everything is in place and good to go!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
k
i realize that this is a different brand, but the principle is the same.

you do not necessarily have to remove the bumper.

the filter points downward just forward of the wheel well, and just behind the headlight. the filter itself will end up just above or in the vicinity of the brake air duct.

(ignore the red trumpets)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
here is a better view. you can see the snorkel pointing down. it looks like it is going into a box, but that is just a heat shield, which doubles as an angle bracket to hold the filter part stationary.

for the one you purchased, it looks as if they are using an angle bracket or some other kind of bracket. i cannot help you with the details, you'll have to fiddle with it on your own to see how to incorporate your bracket(s). but hopefully this pic will give a general idea of what you're shooting for.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help, but one more question still....what about gettin the filter to fit down in there...how would i go about relocatiing the horn

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
two things desmo

#1. I LOVE YOUR HORN

#2. Where did you buy your intake?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
re: the question about the horn in your PM

i don't have a horn, just an air horn which is flexible enough to orient in any direction.

in your case, you may have to temporarily remove the OE horn to fit everything. also, some of the OE horn's mounting holes may be in the perfect position for you to use the brackets. like i mentioned before, you'll have to fiddle with it to find out how they intended it to be installed.

better yet: e-mail the seller and ask if he has instructions.

i also noticed in his auction description he says this:

Information:
Please READ our "ME" page for term and concept.

ask him WTF is the "ME" page.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha i know what the ME page is...its like a profile on EBAY, thanks a lot for the time and pics. MUCH appreciated, i hope to get it in tomorrow. Thanks again desmo!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha nice!!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 29 2003, 05:09 PM
two things desmo

#1. I LOVE YOUR HORN

#2. Where did you buy your intake?
it came with the car.

but i basically had to reverse-engineer it to figure out how to clean and re-oil it. it's actually a very simple thing... a freakin ball point pen has more technical parts to it. :naughty

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Oh I know very well how to install it, but I just want to know where to buy one for a good price.......I am talking to a guy and he wants 350 with shipping....is that a good price?

Oh here are intsructions for anyone who does want to get a Dinan intake:
http://www.mz3.net/articles/067.html

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 29 2003, 05:32 PM
Oh I know very well how to install it, but I just want to know where to buy one for a good price.......I am talking to a guy and he wants 350 with shipping....is that a good price?

according to dinan's price pdf it's $399 new.

if 350 includes shipping then it may be worth it if you want genuine dinan.

but you can find many similar imitation ones on e-bay for much less. the main difference i see is in the materials: dinan = single CF snorkel with no seams; maximizes interior laminar flow and CF itself is very heat resistant.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by DesmoBob+Aug 29 2003, 07:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DesmoBob @ Aug 29 2003, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asio@Aug 29 2003, 05:32 PM

according to dinan's price pdf it's $399 new.

if 350 includes shipping then it may be worth it if you want genuine dinan.

but you can find many similar imitation ones on e-bay for much less. the main difference i see is in the materials: dinan = single CF snorkel with no seams; maximizes interior laminar flow and CF itself is very heat resistant. [/b][/quote]
Okey dokey.......do I have to buy the stage 2 chip when I get this intake......I saw a place that said you have to buy it also.......If I do have to buy it will it work with an automatic.....adn how much do those run for......?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what is the sensor that they are talking about on the air intake that i purchased, what is suppose to be attached to it?!?!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts