BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car last year and the previous owner put a couple of decals on the doors representing a few parts on the car, and I want to remove them from the doors so I have a clean looking car. What do you guys use to remove the decals? Do I need to have a heat gun? Do you use any liquid detergent or substance? do you use a razor blade or peel with your finger? any help is appreciated guys...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
try a hairdryer first, then move on to solvents

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 14 2004, 02:13 PM
try a hairdryer first, then move on to solvents
Cool, thanks bro, I just turned the heat on in the garage to help get the surroundings warmer first... It felt like the edges were coming up easy on them already, I am just worried about pulling off paint... ehhhh :goodness:

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
well its not so much the paint comming off, but more the fade difference. im sure that if those decals have been on for a while , that the paint around it will look a little more faded. also dont forget to maybe put some wax down on the spots where you removed

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye thanks mark, I just got them all off and I had to rub out the faded color.. it was just barely visable, and now that I rubbed one out, then polished it, it doesn't look different at all... thanks for all the help.. :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
ah, speaking of polishing. It was 71 degrees today. I think i shall take advantage of this weather tomorrow and give it a good clay+polish+wax.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's a good idea, what time do you want me to drop by the house so you can wax my car?? :bimmer

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I should be done with mine around 3-4, so any time after that is good.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, we're in for rain firday-sunday, so I'll just have to wash again after my car gets out of the shop monday.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, doin about 5% here right now, with a wind-chill of a -37% F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts