BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still having problems with my heat but iv narrowed it down. I replaced the heater control unit. But that did nothing, it wasnt broken in the first place. And if you listen really close you can hear the actuall valve switch from hot air to cold air, so thats not broken. I now have no clue as to what it can be. Its not the speed switch because that works when the a/c is on. Anything?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no ideas. What other parts are there to the heater in a BMW. More sensors and relays im sure.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i really hated HVAC dude its not my best field sorry..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Old528e@Jan 8 2004, 07:38 PM
I'm still having problems with my heat but iv narrowed it down. I replaced the heater control unit. But that did nothing, it wasnt broken in the first place. And if you listen really close you can hear the actuall valve switch from hot air to cold air, so thats not broken. I now have no clue as to what it can be. Its not the speed switch because that works when the a/c is on. Anything?
By saying "heater control unit" I am assuming you mean the heater valve in the engine bay. I believe I said in an earlier post that the vehicle has 2 seperate blowers(one for a/c and one for the heater). If your blower does not work when the a/c is off, then you have a bad blower.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By heater control valve i mean the temp knob. And I only have 1 fan that i am aware of. It is in front of my shifter. Iv taken the casing out and there is only one fan present. Unless there is another fan under the hood. That could be it, i will check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts