BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to these forums and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have a 1986 BMW 325. My first car :D . As soon as I can I will get some pics and post them on here for you to see. Any suggestions on my first mods? Thanks for looking at my first post, :cheers

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for the welcomes! i hope to get my pictures taken soon so that i can show my car! It is a 1986 325 6-cyl., it is a blueish-grey, and in great condition. i am so excited that i finally found a car. I found it for a really great price too, only $500! the perosn that i bought it from was desperate to get rid of it because he cant drive anymore. all it needs is a wash, and then it is set to go, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my first mods can be? thanks! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by bimmer325SR@Sep 14 2003, 07:38 PM
Thankyou for the welcomes! i hope to get my pictures taken soon so that i can show my car! It is a 1986 325 6-cyl., it is a blueish-grey, and in great condition. i am so excited that i finally found a car. I found it for a really great price too, only $500! the perosn that i bought it from was desperate to get rid of it because he cant drive anymore. all it needs is a wash, and then it is set to go, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my first mods can be? thanks! :rolleyes:
welcome. if u want visual kind of mods. go with a the plastic bumper kit. its take thoughs ugly chrome bumpers

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by e36_332i_s52@Sep 14 2003, 06:50 PM
welcome. if u want visual kind of mods. go with a the plastic bumper kit. its take thoughs ugly chrome bumpers
You cant just slap the plastic bumpers from 88-91 E30's onto the earlier models. The front will bolt up fine but the rears dont even come close to fitting. You have to mod them to fit the different fender arches.

As far as first mods, I just say get all the maintenance sorted out with the car before you start doing mods to it.

Hope youre enjoying the car!

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by m42technic+Sep 15 2003, 02:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (m42technic @ Sep 15 2003, 02:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e36_332i_s52@Sep 14 2003, 06:50 PM
You cant just slap the plastic bumpers from 88-91 E30's onto the earlier models. The front will bolt up fine but the rears dont even come close to fitting. You have to mod them to fit the different fender arches.

As far as first mods, I just say get all the maintenance sorted out with the car before you start doing mods to it.

Hope youre enjoying the car! [/b][/quote]
i didnt say u could. they make kits for this purpose

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome aboard! Instead of spending big bucks right now on plastic bumpers, you can just push in the aluminum ones you have and thus eliminate the infamous "divingboard" look. All you have to do is drill holes in the bumper shocks (watch out-the oil's under pressure in there and has been waiting for 17 years to come out :p so be careful). After the pressure in the shocks is eliminated, you can push the shocks in.

Looks much better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome aboard bimmer325SR, still lovin your car boblaw. lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by e36_332i_s52@Sep 15 2003, 02:41 PM
OK...

When most E30 people say plastic bumpers, its usually assumed that they are talking about the OEM 88-91 bumpers, since they are actually plastic. Most aftermarket kits are usually fiberglass or urethane.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by mrhonk@Sep 15 2003, 11:04 PM
still lovin your car boblaw. lol
Thanks, man. It's for sale, actually! :)

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by m42technic+Sep 15 2003, 10:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (m42technic @ Sep 15 2003, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e36_332i_s52@Sep 15 2003, 02:41 PM
OK...

When most E30 people say plastic bumpers, its usually assumed that they are talking about the OEM 88-91 bumpers, since they are actually plastic. Most aftermarket kits are usually fiberglass or urethane. [/b][/quote]
thats very true.. sorry i didnt carify there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts