BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1992 BMW 318I 4 cylender 5 speed. My water pump recently went out and I am having a heck of a time getting it out. One of the aluminum removal holes is cracked and wont allow me to get a good grip to ease it out with the two bolts. Only one will work to ease it out but bottom is still stuck in place. Any suggestions on how to get the water pump out. It will be greatly appreciated.:eek:hnoes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im guessing you mean the 2 holes where you turn the bolts back in to ease the pump outta the hole?

If so, turn one in about 2 turns and and use a mallet to knock the pump IN THE SAME DIRECTION. This will allow the pump to slowly ease itself outta its home...

Youll find that this is a little time consuming but its definately gonna make it a lot safer on your block.

One more thing: TAP LIGHTLY. The idea is to EASE the pump out... not to break it...

I take NO responsibility for what happens if you F it up as a result of taking this advice. YMMV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.