BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm gonna cut to the chase my story telling ability is piss poor and maybe after I have a few more experiances I'll start to tell more ellaborate stories but here it goes.
I'm headed northbound on 23 back toward ohio from michigan. An in my rear view 2 cars come up fast. I get passed by a Honda accord and a newer Subaru legacy. Both lowered with rims they were obviously having a good ol' time. The kid in the Legacy waved as he went by probably around 100 mph or so I'm cruising at about 70. Both kids seem to be in their late teens or early 20s. So being the person that I am I acceletate upwards of a buck ten, its a 3 lane highway I've seen worse. So I catch up and both kids are driving like idiots weaving in and out of traffic. I slow down to about 80 dont need a ticket until I come to my exit which ironically is their exit as well..
This exit happens to be two lans and i see the kid in the accord , cut a lady off because he couldn't quite make the turn at the speed and his tires were screeching all over the place. he was at probably doing 75 when he tried to make the off ramp which was probably about a 30mph ramp.( I'm guessing) next in line is the suby which is grabbing all the breaks he can to avoid crashing into the woman that the accord cut off and keep his car from ramping off the off ramp into the field below His tires will be sore tommorow little smoke tumbling off . This is when I pat my ol pony on the dash downshift and take the inside lane at about 60 passing both cars no tire squeal no nothing I send the suby a friendly wave as I hint that he shoulda bought an M = )

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done some straigh line rolling type stuff with some friends the aforementioned R32 and an Audi A4 but this was the first time I actually noticed how superior the M3 was in the corner I mean, the M shrugged this corner off like it was a fly on its shoulder and these other cars were shitting their pants trying to keep all the tires on the road.. it was a moment I'll Remember forever

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also for the record saw an M5 in the drive through at mcdonalds before heading to diffy q had to go home and change my pants after = ) JFTR

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next stop turbo kit = ) haha if only i had an extra 10 grand lol

·
A NEW DAY RISES...
2,447 Posts
///m Power Bay-bee!!! :d

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're right. You suck at storytelling.
perhaps next time I'll embellish the story a little .. Just for you = )

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Yep you'll learn with the M you have to be mindful of other cars that may be trying to follow you through corners. There was a Tundra that I ended up right around every day after work at the same light. He HATED for me to pass him on the two lane frontage road. I toyed with him for about two weeks but he refused to admit his truck couldn't keep up with me or stop me from passing. I noticed he was keeping up with me on the turn off the frontage road, 90 degree right hander onto a 3 lane (two the way we were going one the other). So finally I just nailed it, entered at about 40ish and kicked the back end out, everything beatiful. The truck came behind and tried, under steered horribly and screeched to a halt a few feet from the concrete wall on the other side of the road. He gave up after that.

Obviously this can also be a fun and expensive trick to play on someone that thinks they can keep up with you.

·
Super Moderator
14,727 Posts
Yep you'll learn with the M you have to be mindful of other cars that may be trying to follow you through corners. There was a Tundra that I ended up right around every day after work at the same light. He HATED for me to pass him on the two lane frontage road. I toyed with him for about two weeks but he refused to admit his truck couldn't keep up with me or stop me from passing. I noticed he was keeping up with me on the turn off the frontage road, 90 degree right hander onto a 3 lane (two the way we were going one the other). So finally I just nailed it, entered at about 40ish and kicked the back end out, everything beatiful. The truck came behind and tried, under steered horribly and screeched to a halt a few feet from the concrete wall on the other side of the road. He gave up after that.

Obviously this can also be a fun and expensive trick to play on someone that thinks they can keep up with you.
That's just, well we all know what it is... :yezfunny :deal

·
Mr. Clean
1,817 Posts

That's messed up. I had a dude in a Tundra last weekend try to keep up with me through the twists an turns on a road in my hometown. Perhaps men who drive tundras suffer from BDS (Big Dick Syndrome)? What's worse is I wasn't trying to drive aggressively and I had no idea where he came from. I do know he came out of the woodwork really fast.

Anyways, same situation. I'm coming to a three way intersection with a 90 degree right hand turn. It's banked and fairly wide so I can usually push it through the turn drama free at about 40-45 MPH when the road is dry.

I downshift, come into the turn, hit the throttle at the apex and guess what? No drama for me. Minimal body roll and zero tire squealing. I'm already 200+ feet through the turn and I take a look behind me to see how the Tundra dealt with it.

I heard a lot of tire squealing, I saw the body of the truck roll like it was a boat in a really bad ocean, and he needed all of the opposite lane to prevent his truck from flipping over. It's just lucky that no one else happened to be in the oncoming lane.

I couldn't believe he was that much of a fool to try to keep up with me. Regardless of the fact that I have a real solid suspension set-up and drive a car built for that type of driving, the fact is the man is driving a really unstable truck which is not designed to take turns like that at all. I bet I would have still been substantially faster through that turn if I was driving a Geo Metro and he was still in the Tundra.

My windows were already rolled down and at the next intersection, I shrug my arms, and loudly exclaim, "that was pretty god damn embarrassing for you, wasn't it?"

"I hope you're not stupid enough to try that kind of BS again."

His windows were rolled down too and I know he heard me and saw my expressions. After that not only did he back way off (2 car lengths riding my ass to 10 car lengths), but at the next solid bend in the road he stayed far away from me and didn't even try to keep up.

My guess is he probably shit his pants at the previous intersections as well as seriously damaged his ego.

I'm sure the fool would have done the same shit regardless of the car he was driving...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOLerz I wish I woulda said that to the kid.. haha I can imagine .. Bet that was pretty embarassing for you wasn't it... haha thats hillarious.. You made my night.. I'm gonna store that one in my bank of ignorant things to say to people.. haha

·
Registered
497 Posts
I love rolling through the curves a little quick and watching in my mirrors as the cars behind me almost lose it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts