BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im wantin to get a jl 10" w3 with a jl audio 250/1 amp and i also want to get jl audio tr speakers cuz my speakers are blown, but my friends say i need to get another amp for my speakers or a bigger amp to run for my speakers and my sub, but can't i just run the speakers off the stock amp? cuz im on a 1000 dollar limit here, and i know nothin so what should i do.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i'm pretty new at this, but i think you can use a multi-channel amp to run everything. otherwise you would probably need a single channel amp for the sub and a 2-channel amp for the speakers. or you could run your new speakers off a head-unit but hu's dont have much rms power, chances are it will limit your speakers to 30-50% of their full power.

but if you have a stock amp, i dont see why you couldnt use it to power just your speakers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You could use a multi channel amp yes and that would be the best thing. You could use JLs 500/5 (which has a 250/1 built in) or the new 6 channel JL eClass amp.
Look into those.
I am a car audio manager in Tampa, FL for a shop that is a JL dealer and has been since the day JL opened.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Black E36 M3@Aug 14 2003, 09:36 PM
You could use a multi channel amp yes and that would be the best thing. You could use JLs 500/5 (which has a 250/1 built in) or the new 6 channel JL eClass amp.
Yea i would do that but i only have $1000 to spend on the whole system, you're talkin about 1000 dollar amps. so any other advice?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That isn't really true, I will add up some stuff for you this weekend, how's that?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that'd be great, I actually can go up to $1100, but i would like it a lot if you helped cuz the guys at the stores are just tryin to make a sale, not help me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok man give me till Monday and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry man we were slammed all this week :cry
I will come up with something for ya I promise..
What kind of music do you like to listen to?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok I can get you;

(1) JL Audio VR-525-CSI,
(1) JL Audio 10W3v2 Sub,
(1) JL Audio 250/1 Mono Block amp,
(1) Stinger Wiring kit for the amp,
(1) Interface for signal to JL amp
All products with shipping for
$920!!!
That keeps you in your budget.
You do however still need a box for the sub though.
Where do you live? Maybe I can through a basic box in if your close or want to pay for the box to be shipped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm..I can get from a local guy in Brandon, FL the e6450 for $600 that is the new 6 channel amp, 8inch JL sub, box and install for $900...hmmm seems much better deal

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know the shop, "The Car Stereo Shop" right?
Well that amp can't support the 8W7 you need at least 250watts to power correctly.
I can do something like that too but he mentioned he wanted a 10W3.
Give me a list of items and I will give you a price.
BTW, I am in Tampa, FL

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm impressed that is correct...

I am interested in probably a 10in sub as it appears the trunks insulation for sound is very good...

I need a place to get this installed and would like to meet you and discuss the items I want in person. I was planning on visiting several places this pm and week...
I may also want to replace the speakers too...but need to feel comfortable the person doing the work works on 5 series cars...

also I was hoping to spend between $600-1500 depending on my options, what is realistic and cost effective and too meet my needs...if you could email me at either [email protected] or [email protected] ...I could go to your local stre and meet with you.

Also need to get car window tinted ..

thanks

Neal

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Rock on boys!! Thanks Black E36 M3 for your informative posting.. B)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sent you an email Neal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts