BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that I would be recieving a 11 button OBC computer in my BMW but when I picked it up it was a 7 button. Now I dont have the manual so I dont know what all exactly that it does but I am pretty sure the 11 button does more. Plus I prefer the look (the screen is longer) of the 11 button. If I were to get an 11 button would it be direct plug and play? BTW, what exactly does the 7 button do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thud

I could never do that. The main reason I want the 11 button is because it is a pixelated display. I hear that I can get one and do plug and play but that all I will get is a 7 button OBC pixelated display. The check control button wont work...true?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
correct

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped by the dealer today to have something looked at. Once everything was completed the service tech asked me if I chaged the OBC. I told him no and asked him why he asked. He said that the 7 button OBC isnt the OBC that was originally in the car. He said for my car there was an 11 button OBC with the check control feature. I thought that was a bit of interesting info. I am guessing now that the previous owner changed out the OBC at one point but went with the 7 button instead of the 11...I wonder why though...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
my car is missing the OBC all together. There is a blank where it should be. I am pretty sure the 18 button should be there. I took it to the dealer in town after i got it and they had it in their notes that it was MIA... I'm still debating on wether or not to replace it. They also said the programing of one could take them a while... sugestions/adivce?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts