BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was on jacks for at least the past week waiting for my new tires to come in. Just fiddling around with my car one day i looked down at my rims..they was dirt molded on (having an e30, with factory rims they're very hard to keep clean and having a previous owner that never washed the car made it even worse), silver was almost off and i could see the white primer. It made me sick to my stomach to see how bad they looked. So i took my rims, scrubbed them, put this chemical stuff on to take off the wax, and sand beaded them so the access dirt came off. Now they just looked like they had white primer on, and i sent them off to a friend of the family to get them painted.

They just came back 2 days ago and boy do they look great :naughty i was soo happy, they make a world of difference and make my car look so much better, not that it looked great to begin with..but its coming along nicely. I'm kicking myself in the ass though cuz i didnt take before or after pics. But i'll have some pics up soon.
Just wanted to share..my happiness is overwhelming right now. :D

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
pics pics pics

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
pics pics pics

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silver..my cars bronzit beige so i dont think any other color would look right.

·
Registered
878 Posts
what's this i hear about pics??

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
we need pics :thumbs

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i took pics earlier this week..and i have to use up the film and get it developed cuz we dont have a digi cam :-/, but they'll be up shortly I PROMISE

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
25 days past. still no pics!? Hope the paint didn't peel... :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i have yet to get them developed..i guess i should start wasting film on my car lol

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Originally posted by Hamann 325i@Oct 7 2003, 06:51 PM
Nic ei need new rims bad but i only have 300 $
So you could buy one wheel at a time. Everytime you have enough money to get one, go buy one. That way, you are motivated to add on faster to make the set complete. Otherwise, saving up enough cash is hard...cash tend to flow somewhere else pretty easily! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am having my stock wheels repainted also. I Guy I purchased the car took good care of it but the rims are gouged and faded. I dealer told they could clean up all the gouges and repaint my again for a price. I thought above buying after market rims but I am keeping it stock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts