BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to explain, but the interior of my 94 325i creaks. Not real bad, but I notice it. There's no rattling, as if there is a loose screw in my dash...just general creaking from within the car during turns, over bumps, etc. No creaking on a smooth straight road.

Are there screws/bolts that have come loose over time? Could it be in my undercarriage? Anyone else notice this...more importantly, anyone else resolve this noise?

·
Registered
457 Posts
my 94'IS does the same thing ...can't find the problem but I FIXED it by turning UP the volume...hehehehehhhehehe

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
it is not that your parts are coming loose per se, but rather as the car ages the suspension and chassis becomes more prone to twsiting, which cause the creaks you hear. Rattles indicate something is loose. A crossbrace will help reduce them alot, as would new shocks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Probably your springs. Mine does that when I sit down in it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
my 93 325is does the same thing. turn up the bass and music so it won't distract you or you should also check if there are some people in your back seat or trunk doing the wild thing haha j/k

·
Registered
95 Posts
:confused mine does the same thing most likely during acceleration but i can hear it's coming from the rear left hand side. :screwy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shoot all sounds sound familar...mine makes crazy noises here and there over bumps. I'm assuming its my leather rubbing something....I'mma spray W40 in every corner.............

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
What I cannot stand is the rattle of something around my rear driverside speaker. I think the grill is loose. Everythime the bass hits it rattles so loud and sounds awful.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear that I'm not alone in the creaking syndrome!

I'm not concerned that the car's falling apart because everything seems so tight/solid...just the noise. I thought it was leather creaking at first also...but have ruled that out. Not really thrilled with the prospect of finding every screw and bolt and tightening them.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Its not a blown speaker, its just the vibrations of the subs. Even if it were a blwon speaker, I have my rear speakers set to play at almost nothing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would anyone of you guys know of an aftermarket set of speakers like MB quart or anything of the same quality that will fit straight into the speaker wells coz the oem system sucks. I'm thingking of upgrading my system but don't know if I could fit a better speaker without drilling or modifying the speaker wells. :driving

1 - 15 of 15 Posts