BMW Werkz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying, I love this steering wheel & while it does seem pretty unsafe & dumb to be removing the Air-Bag from my vehicle......I don't recommend anyone just do this.......but in my case, the E36 is not a daily driver, & this is something I choose to do...........with that, my SRS steering wheel will be stored in a safe place for now!

I will be posting a step by step DIY on how to do this swap without the SRS setting a fault code, by tricking it with a 2 amp mini fuse wired into an extra air-bag slip ring, I had lying around & the horn conversion using the stock carbon pin horn contact: part # 1 32-31-1-158-475 & new slip ring.......

I will be doing this Sunday morning.......

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice!
Thanks........witeshark! it is a smaller diameter @ (365mm), than the stock wheel @ 380mm.......& it feels great!

jb :)

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
starling how much a smaller wheel feels, and wait til you start throwing it around corners. Course, i went from a 14 inch wheel to a 12 when i put my old grant in. scared me how much faster it responded.

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
starling how much a smaller wheel feels, and wait til you start throwing it around corners. Course, i went from a 14 inch wheel to a 12 when i put my old grant in. scared me how much faster it responded.
Sounds great.......can't wait to install & drive.......

jb :)

·
A NEW DAY RISES...
2,447 Posts
Johnny you continue to make me drool over the fabulosness of your 3 - monster! I just have to see it ( was in New Brunswick 5 times a few weeks ago at a trial and thought of stopping by but hours were always wrong). We need to make a visit happen when ths crap melts tho' teh S3-R will be going up on dollies and tucked away in the inside heated garage spot this week till March..:(

I sooo wanna be able to go out to the mid-country meet this Summer as a team following each other to teh bewilderment of teh cops...it a depends - me going that is....as May is a big Month as will be those following - see new thread I post.... :shifty

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Johnny you continue to make me drool over the fabulosness of your 3 - monster! I just have to see it ( was in New Brunswick 5 times a few weeks ago at a trial and thought of stopping by but hours were always wrong). We need to make a visit happen when ths crap melts tho' teh S3-R will be going up on dollies and tucked away in the inside heated garage spot this week till March..:(

I sooo wanna be able to go out to the mid-country meet this Summer as a team following each other to teh bewilderment of teh cops...it a depends - me going that is....as May is a big Month as will be those following - see new thread I post.... :shifty

Thanks Sir Madness :) ........I wish my 3 was nice n' warm, tucked away in a heated garage, so I can work on her at will, but my 3 car garage had to come down due the fact my driveway was too narrow, the house was built in 1918 & unfortunately I don't own a "Model T" .......so, I put a nice pool in its place for my kids......my 3 is wrapped under 2 car covers & a canvas in my driveway......the mid-country thing sound great.......winter has just started though, so we will have to wait a little bit! :(

johnny :)

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a nice wheel. I'm looking to install the sport wheel/M3 wheel in m E39 this summer except with an airbag. I'm definitely interested in seeing how the install goes. Best of luck JB.
Thanks.......Gareth! Hope all is well with you....:)

johnny :)

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts