BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I replaced my hood emblem that had begun to chip and such.... A few days ago I was pulling out of the driveway and headed to best buy, when I saw something fly off my hood. :confused I was perplexed cause I knew that I hadn't set anything on it or anything. so I stopped and went back to check it out. I was the part of the emblem that they put onto silver base that has the logo on it. It had come completely off in perfect shape! So now I have a ghetto silver circle on my hood...... :pissed2

do anyof you guys know if I just need to order a whole new emblem, or is there anyway to stick it back on there without it looking shitty, or coming off with water?? :help

Thanks! :wink

Kali*

·
Registered
178 Posts
A lot of aftermarket Roundels are like that... can you tell how it was affixed to the base originally? You could probably just use some epoxy to get it back on there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
You bought just the sticker? The OEM ones come with the whole silver plastic piece too. They're only like $12, get a new one and some new gromets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No some aftermarket roundels are just made that way. The center part is almost a sticker thing and arent always securely attached to the silver base.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I got the silver base and the emblem...... if I attach it with eppoxy will it look wierd, like bumpy on the surface or anything....??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Youre lucky if the aftermarket ones are $10... I dont wanna know how much th dealer would want :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts