BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:driving

Hi Everyone, I've just bought my first BMW after many years having problems with Range rovers, Its only an '88 735i but it feels like only a couple of years old. It drives like a dream.

I took it out yesterday for the first time and i had some warning chimes and on the dash where the warnings come on, warnings in German!!!!, the more i drove the more chimes i heard and i thought that i would have to go back to the garage to sort out these blasted chimes!!, I got home and i wrote down what the warning said, quickly on the net i discovered it meant DOOR OPEN.

Its so fustrating when the the warning come out in GERMAN instead of ENGLISH!!!! is there anyway i can change the language.

if not i'll sign up for a german course at the college!
Thanks
Gerry

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah you should be able to. do you have an interface to work with? or an owners manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by protocol@Dec 16 2003, 09:25 AM
:driving

Hi Everyone, I've just bought my first BMW after many years having problems with Range rovers, Its only an '88 735i but it feels like only a couple of years old. It drives like a dream.

I took it out yesterday for the first time and i had some warning chimes and on the dash where the warnings come on, warnings in German!!!!, the more i drove the more chimes i heard and i thought that i would have to go back to the garage to sort out these blasted chimes!!, I got home and i wrote down what the warning said, quickly on the net i discovered it meant DOOR OPEN.

Its so fustrating when the the warning come out in GERMAN instead of ENGLISH!!!! is there anyway i can change the language.

if not i'll sign up for a german course at the college!
Thanks
Gerry
most likely you should be able to change the language into english, most cars have multilingual display, if not the ecu must be flashed with english messages software. better check with a bmw dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts