BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty excited. Granted it is an 85 325e but I'm still lookin into what I can do to give it a little more pep (i heard an ECU is a good investment) Anyway, here's a pic of my new baby...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i dont know what you can do to make that car faster other than a motor swap...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Good deal dude!! Nice ride and welcome!! B) How many miles you got runnin'..

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i love E30s they are so fun to drive.

my friend just got a 1985 325e in white...are you chris, my friend? lol :joking: im doubtful

anyway he got a new close gear transmission on his 325e and its alot of power. I believe thats all he has done to his car (maybe a new chip, and of course cosmetics) but that thing felt real fast. Granted it was fast with the top speed, but the acceleration was sweetness.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
very nice car man :thumbs eta's are awesome :driving i think what woobiee was saying is that his friend got a new rear differential with a higher ratio. getting a chip is very effective on e30's especially eta's and a 3.73:1 Limited slip differential would give the car alot more pep plus added traction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here's the scoop on what I've been told and what I've seen done on E30's that I'm thinking about:

What I've Seen Done:
1) ECU (heard that on the ETA it gives a better improvement than on other models) downside is that it costs between $200 and $400 to get one....*sigh*
2) Different gear ratio (heard that on the ETA 3.25 is a good one to switch to, it has been said that a better gear ratio can make the ETA as fast as a 325i but I haven't seen that)

Things I've Heard:
1) 325i heads (and possibly pistons) on the ETA block so as to have a 2.7L i engine
(sounds sketchy)
2) performance exhaust (don't know why you'd do away with the stock exhaust, I love that sound, but this is said to give you slightly better performance)

Of course, these are just dreams until i have the car running wonderfully to begin with (ie when the whirring noise and metal-on-metal noise currently emanating from the rear end have been eliminated [i am currently under the impression that one of the noises is the brakes and the other is either a wheel bearing or a differential bearing {I'm hoping its a wheel bearing} so it should be done by this weekend]) All in all i have a bit of work to do because I have to repair the sport seats, replace the motors in both windows and the switch on the right side and try to figure out what is wrong with the sun roof.

thanks for the comments. I'll post some more pictures this weekend after a decent photo shoot.

-Mav

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Maverick18@Jul 26 2003, 04:14 AM
Well, here's the scoop on what I've been told and what I've seen done on E30's that I'm thinking about:

What I've Seen Done:
1) ECU (heard that on the ETA it gives a better improvement than on other models) downside is that it costs between $200 and $400 to get one....*sigh*
2) Different gear ratio (heard that on the ETA 3.25 is a good one to switch to, it has been said that a better gear ratio can make the ETA as fast as a 325i but I haven't seen that)

Things I've Heard:
1) 325i heads (and possibly pistons) on the ETA block so as to have a 2.7L i engine
(sounds sketchy)
2) performance exhaust (don't know why you'd do away with the stock exhaust, I love that sound, but this is said to give you slightly better performance)

Of course, these are just dreams until i have the car running wonderfully to begin with (ie when the whirring noise and metal-on-metal noise currently emanating from the rear end have been eliminated [i am currently under the impression that one of the noises is the brakes and the other is either a wheel bearing or a differential bearing {I'm hoping its a wheel bearing} so it should be done by this weekend]) All in all i have a bit of work to do because I have to repair the sport seats, replace the motors in both windows and the switch on the right side and try to figure out what is wrong with the sun roof.

thanks for the comments. I'll post some more pictures this weekend after a decent photo shoot.

-Mav
u can get a conforti chip for $199 at tms, and its good for around 24hp and a 5k rpm redline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts