BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys i was so pissed had to be at work at certain time so i get out to warm up my 2006 E60 530 and it wont start.

I tried everything possible i can think off
1) boosting the battery with jumper cables & boosting packs
2) different ignition key and nothing helps to get the car started.

So i went to my mechanic he said it shouldn't be a Starter since my car is fairly new and it has ony 70k on it and i am the original owner always well maintained, oil change, fluids change and etc. I Checked battery connectors and the battery fluid indicator still has the green light on (meaning it has charge)One thing i recall doing often is sitting in the car and listening to my radio while the car was off. Could i have damaged anything by doing this often or maybe completely killing the battery itself. I had a battery emblem light up in the computer few weeks ago when i was sitting in the car, but it all went off. All the lights go on when i turn key even the navi works, interior lights but the car refuses to start. Please Help if you have any ideas or recommendations.
:help

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
I really doubt playing the radio with the engine shut down played any role; surely the jump start would get past that. I think there may be an electric fault that needs sorting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does it turn over? but not kick in?
if so:
Check the fuel pump fuze( (mines above the battery)

If it doesn't turn over, then maybe you've a bad earth to/from the starter
or if it's an auto, the gearbox, P/N position isn't being detected by the EMS so it won't allow it to start.

Camshaft sensor also controls the fuel pump power

for what it's worth....

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
CRANKshaft sensor controls the fuel pump the CAMshaft sensor controls the injection system amongst other things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem on 2 diff cars

I think I may have the same problem

I have an E34 530 and an E28 M535i and both do exactly the same thing!
Key just turns around....won't even crank over...but everything else works. Leave it a little while and will eventually start again. Both are perfect when running tho...

From what I can find to date it could be either:
-Relay
-Crankshaft sensors

I'm trying to determine the fault too...very frustrating! :help

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
If it eventually starts after a while and does this all the time its not down to the crankshaft sensor.

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
I think I may have the same problem

I have an E34 530 and an E28 M535i and both do exactly the same thing!
Key just turns around....won't even crank over...but everything else works. Leave it a little while and will eventually start again. Both are perfect when running tho...

From what I can find to date it could be either:
-Relay
-Crankshaft sensors

I'm trying to determine the fault too...very frustrating! :help
Do you leave the key in the ignition before it will start? If so it could be a faulty key (alarm fob)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you leave the key in the ignition before it will start? If so it could be a faulty key (alarm fob)?
It doesn't seem to matter which key I use.... but you're right it's almost like the car is immobilised. I have tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal on the car and reconnecting...sometimes this has helped, but sometime makes no difference.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts