BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight the pics are small i know...i take em with a dvcam...and import them onto my pc via a firewire card and this lil program that i found inside windows...does anyone have a better suggestion of software to use? or a program to enlarge em without simply streching them??

here goes.

The car is really bone stock (apart from the rims which are mounted on the winter tires..beats out hubcaps anyway...)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats about it...now all i have to do is wax it and watch when i drive it.

Dont you just hate it. It only takes 1 outing on wet roads to gunk up the ride. Especially behind the rear wheels...so much dirt spray.

Love that 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While i'm at it...

I'm sorta looking to slightly upgrade my car. But nothing major though. The exterior and interior are fine by me, but i'd like to improve the performance slightly (knowing i dont intend on racing it like a maniac, just having a better ride)

I know you'll say CAI and i plan on doing that, though expensive, it seems worth it.

I notice many cars who've been supped up have a strut bar over the engine bay, so that seems to be a nice addition that i could install by myself and from what i hear it helps handling..which would be great.

The shifter is a bit lengthy. Would adding a new shift kit be more enjoyable? my dad has a 2001 e46 328 and his shifts are so much shorter and feel more crisp than the M3...i can't be having that right?? :p

Maybe getting the windows tinted, but thats just cosmetic.

I also hear you guys talking bout coilovers ...cams... what are those?

Mostly looking for minor upgrades that will give me a lil more fun behind the wheel. Nothing major in the 600$$ + for a single upgrade.

thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
lookin' good!! :thumbs :thumbs

the mods you have listed are good. how about adding a performance chip and maybe a new exhaust system?

coilovers are another suspension system. its similar to replacing your springs to get that lowered look. the cupkit is another one. the coilovers are the most expensive of them all, but what i really like about them is you can adjust the height yourself to your preferences.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks...yeah the rims are not so hot...but not total trash at least.

Yeah a chip...but that would take off the limiter top speed which i (for now) dont intend on breaking and also allow higher reving right? Is there another advantage i'm missing out on?

A new exhaust system...well i thought about that too but thats kinda major and a lil more pricey right?

I'll see what my budget is for my mods and then i guess i'll figure out which ones i can do for now. After all i will be holding in to this car for a while :lol:

Ah so coilovers is just a new suspension which is easily customizable..humm...doesn't sound like something i need, i actually dont like to roll around with too low of a car, and anyway it looks ok as is.

So what are cams?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uh ok ...noob question..

Is there a difference between an air intake and a cold air intake? I just surfed an online part store and they had those 2 categories.... :blink:

As for the cams...those would be something related to the motor right? Which once agian i doubt i will be interested in.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
since your car is an m3, you dont need to upgrade the cams. a chip also adds about 10 hp besides doing the things you listed. an exhaust also will add some hp and sound way better, because it will be lighter and more free-flowing. a cold air intake is one that goes way down into the bumper (dinan, benfer) a air intake doesnt go down as far but if it has a heat shield it will produce the same or better hp then the other type(aa tuning, conforti, ecis)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hum...yeah i figured i wouldnt really need to do any sort of modification to the motor just a few other things.

So i guess my list would look like this:

-Chip
-Air intake
-Strut bar (front since i like to use the trunk, or is this a misconception of mine that i'll have to sacrifice some trunk space)
-Shift kit
-tints possibly

basically in order of importance and benefits. I think most of those can be DIY (which i hope they are)...maybe not the shift kit so much and tints..but the top 3 should be possible no?

thanks for the input.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Shift kit is a diy, but I wouldn't mess with the tint. A rear strut bar will lose a little space in the trunk but not near the floor up at the top of the shocks. Heard the rear one doesn't do to much though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hehe yeah the tints i'd get done by a shop or something...

Yeah the more i read around it seems a front brace will be enough for my driving.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a question i've been wondering about... Why do some people post pics of their rides and blurt out the license plate?

Is it some kind of security issue that somebody can find out where you live with only the plate numbers?

cuz i mean...people see em on the roads all the time...

:dunno

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even though the last question didnt get answered...i have another one to ask.

I was about to buy a front strut bar from Euro Persona...but i just checked with this guy my dad knows who used to work for a bmw dealership..

He informed me that from 1996 and on...front strut bars installed over the engine is just not possible...the only bar that you could install would be under the car..??

Is this guy out of whack, because clearly on the online shops, you can purchase a strut bar for 1996 and older m3s...

So i don't know, maybe he's old fashioned and things have changed..

thanks.

ALSO! since my m3 is a canadian edition, i would need to buy 2 light kits to be able to get demon or angel eyes installed right? why is that, is it cuz i need a new mount and also the new lights??

Whats the difference between angel eyes and demon eyes ?? The color of the rim??

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
well i have a 97 and its got strut bar on it, so yea its possible, in fact there is already a place to mount it.

people blurr their license plate for sercurity.

demon vs angel, as far as I know the only difference is angel eyes are factory and demon are aftermarket, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah...i was pretty confused about what this guy was saying...."no engine bay strut bar for 1996 and on..." :screwy

really weird... but whatever. Did you notice a difference with the strut bar in??...since the m3 is already pretty tuned... :naughty

So that's the deal with demon/angel eyes?? hum...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts