BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
There are many factors to consider in reliability; how the car was/is driven and serviced are the most important.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Dont know how you came to this conclusion is it a e39?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Yea the new generation seem to be good, but time will tell as it has on all the other series with loads of electrical sensors etc...

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
In general you will get this answer because the 550i has a V8 engine and the 535i has a turbo. The 528i has a straight-six. A more straight-forward design with less moving parts increases reliability. However, any of these cars can and will last a long time if properly maintained.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drz
Your point is logical and makes sense to me. I tell you I learn something everyday from 3 different forums. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had a E34 525i and by far the best car i ever owned.. Never had any trouble with it but i always done an oil and filter service every 5/6 thousand and when i bought it, it came with a full bmw service history. Had it for 4 years..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe your 525 is basically same as 528i or 528i came from 525. That is probably why 528i is considered most reliable BMW series. Perhaps, BMW learned from 525 to produce the later.
I am glad to hear you have had good luck with 525. I hope it last over 200,000 miles! Look under car and under hood. You really can tell it is well designed and well built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts