BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sicne i work at pep boys, i get a bunch of different kinds of cleaners. everything from meguires, black magic, mothers, ive tried everything. and this is what i found out for the best to clean your car. for the interior, Greased Lightning. its a degreaser, but its the best. itll take pretty most kinds of stains of your leather. but, after you use the degreaser, you must follow up with Lexol conditioner, that will keep the leather nice and soft.

for the glass, again, degreaser, the previous owner of my car used to smoke in the car and there was a thick layer of film on the windows. the degreaser took everything off with one swipe. then you gotta follow it up with a non-streaking window cleaner. just to get the streaks off.

if you have any bugs, tar or tree sap, on your car, the best thing is Brakeclean. just use the non-chloriformed version. itll take the stuff right off your car. but it also takes the wax off, so youll have to rewax your car if you use it. dont worry, it doesnt take the paint off your car. if you use the non-chloriformed kind.

with the soap, idk, ive always had good luck with the cheap $2.50 a gallon stuff. i would just put a little more in the bucket. for wax, i would use meguires gold class. sometimes i would use mothers, but i just know for a fact not to use any black magic stuff.

o, and to get brake dust off your rims, degreaser, once again.

this is just from what i have used. since i get a good supply of car care products from my work, ive tried a bunch of different stuff out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've never tried it for the interior but have used it for getting bugs offs bumper etc, although for the rims I used wd40 and they came up a treat, nice and shiny.

w00t (32)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts