BMW Werkz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Hopefully it's just a spark plug. I had that problem... my first step was to replace the spark plugs when I realized that my valve cover gasket was no longer rubber but hard plastic that fell apart in my hands. I replaced that, hoping that it was the problem (my plugs were in great shape). Nope... it was a blown head gasket. I ended up getting a new (ok, lightly used) engine (wasn't really worth fixing a +250k mile engine). Have you noticed anything weird going on with your coolant or oil levels? If not, it's more likely that it's just what witeshark said.

· Registered
650 Posts
Why not use the platinum plugs? Thats whats in the e30 and they are fine, smoother acceleration is what I noticed with them.

· Registered
508 Posts
In the e36 6 cyls, platinum plugs make the car miss. That's what happened in my 323is. You need to use the copper ones for some reason, I can't remember why those work and the others don't.

· Registered
651 Posts
:rofl remember when we were changing my plugs and we said "I have to make sure not to buy the autolites..."

:rofl ..remember what was already in there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.