BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out on my buddy's birthday, and he had a few drinks, so I was nominated to be the designated driver. On the freeway on ramp, I tried to shift from 3rd to 4th, but the gear slipped into 2nd instead. The RPM's jumped, and the check engine light came on a few seconds later. We took it to the BMW dealer and they wanted $4400 to what seemed like a bent valve (that's what they thought it was). The car has 44,000 miles and is still under warranty. The dealer said that they didn't feel that the warranty covered erratic idling problems...Will the insurance company take care of it? I have liability only, and my friend has full coverage/comprehensive.

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hmmm, i would have thought that it would be covered under warranty.

but i do know that the insurance will not pay for this, .......... i think :unsure:

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you over rev'd it, you're going to have a hard time getting out of paying for it.. if you even have a chance. 4400$ isn't too far off, just thank your lucky little stars you didn't damage the bottom end. Then again, if they get the head off and see severe damage to the pistons... it will certainly get costly. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts