BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last ordel with the auto dealer i have found another bmw. It is just like the one that the other dude that had to drive in the snow. It is same year and everything. Black 325is 1994 5sp manual with traction control. My dad has already looked at the out side but he has not got to start it. So far so good he says. If it runs good i am going to buy it. I was wondering is there anything that i should listen for when test driving it, or when it is running? Also if it has traction control is there a possiblity for a limited slip rear end?

Thanks for the help and replies agian.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
yeah sounds like a good car and great choice!!! umm just listen for anything that a normal car wouldnt sound like just cuz its a bmw doesnt mean its any different than another car, besides from the fact that its way better! haha listen to the exhuast see if it sounds like it has a whole in it! may start to form after a few years other than that great choice in car!

David

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i went ahead and bought it. God is it awsome. You know what, The exhaust does make a putt putt sound which could mean it has a whole in it?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if it actually makes put put noises then Id think you're engine was running a little off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what woudl that mean and how do i fix?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haha im that other guy that just recently became a part of the BMW family. Congrats on the purchase, if you hear something that doesnt sounds right bring it to a mechanic and get a thorough inspection of the entire car. It would have been a good idea to have it inspected before you bought it but definitely get it checked out if the engine is studdering or "puttering".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts