BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i was messin around with my car the other night, just doing a little exploring. and i check the air filter and what do i find in the filter chamber? dog food! its the same kind my little cocker eats, how in the hell do you get dog food in your air intake? heh.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mice or Squirrels. They steal your dogs food and hide it for winter. In this case in your airbox.
Ben

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rats. For some reason, rats love BMW's. I can't tell you how many times I found dead rats on top of gas tanks, in air boxes, in belly pans... you name it. Probably a squirrel though, they would typically store the food where a rat would just eat it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep. What he said. :yezfunny I see cars in the shop at times with parts of the insulation under the hood chewed up, and moved to different locations. Sometimes you see dropping on top of the engine..
I've had a brand new 3 series with the fuel pump wires chewed apart, on top of the fuel tank. Makes you wonder what may be along for the ride. :idea2

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ever see the plug wires on the v12 engines? They have tough rings, like an insulator, all over them. I was told that was to prevent rats from chewing them apart.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
:lmao2 :yezfunny haha thats aweome yeah mouse for sure i found a whole shit load of little toys in my closet one time from amouse and dog food was in my shoes one time too! i hate those little things! but how it goes in your airbox is past me! Good thing you found that!

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts