BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Cause obviously they want to waste valuable profit on a car so expensive that no one will want to buy. I mean shit, seeing a 760Li Is rare enough. Infact i've only seen it at my dealership's showroom. NOWHERE else, they're all 745's out there on the street. If you make a ///M7 only the rich people would buy it. Not enough profit for bmw's likings I would think.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes it would. But no everything revolves around "Profit" Those bastards... lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
They make them in very low ammounts. I think some models they only make like 100 of them.

Like the Zonda Roadster, they only made 40 of them :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
well let me put it this way who really wants to pay over 200 grand for a bmw, i thought so. but people wait in long lines to pay money to ferrari.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey, theres always Jay leno. He'll surely buy one.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
also as much as people believe ///M stands for 'marketing' bmw isnt gonna put a M badge on a E65 just to boost sales or for the heck of it. (kinda like AMG has done)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
jay leno has too many cars, but id really want to see his car collection

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@Sep 18 2003, 07:52 PM
also as much as people believe ///M stands for 'marketing' bmw isnt gonna put a M badge on a E65 just to boost sales or for the heck of it. (kinda like AMG has done)
lol ///M Stands for Motorsport I always thought.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
it does, mrm3 is just making a point. id love to see a m7 though

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@Sep 18 2003, 09:52 PM
I also remember hearing about that a long time ago.. :banghead

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
I have two reasons why there will never be an M7:

1. The car is way too big and way too heavy to be a serious performance car. Granted it would be fast, but with that kind of weight, it would be difficult to make it perform at the same level as all the other ///M cars. It's the same reason why they didn't make an ///M variant of the X5. It was simple enough to drop in a huge motor, but they just couldn't get the handling up to the ///M standard due to the X5's high CG.

2. Cost would be so high, it would be the equivalent of the old 993 porsche 911 Turbo convertables. They would be able to successfully sell a max of about 10 per year and it's just not practical.

While the idea is interesting and I'm sure the engineers would love the challenge, you simply have to realize that it's just not a practical idea. What I do want to see is an ///M Mini and I can't wait for the ///M6.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
///m6 is gonna be badass, i hope they dont make an ///m mini though. bmw needs to confine ///m to just bmw cars not others. cause if there would be an ///m mini there would be an ///m rolls royce, and i couldnt bare to see that .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts