BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M5 Spied! BMW's next-generation super sedan caught testing

By AUTOWEEK
(Photo @copy; 2003 Bernd Rauh)

WITH THE RECENT DEBUT OF BMW’S NEXT-GENERATION 5 SERIES AT the Frankfurt motor show, can the performance M version be far behind? Well, yes and no. Yes, here’s the next M5 sedan (BMW will also build an M5 wagon) in testing, running the company’s 5.5-liter 500-hp V10 engine.

But no, we won’t see the car in the United States until the end of next year, as a 2005 model. Word is the next M5 will also feature a Sequential Manual Gearbox with racing-style paddle shifters, possibly as the only transmission choice.

SMG forgoes the traditional clutch pedal and gearshift lever in favor of the faster-shifting automatic clutch gearbox.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
why bangle why? must i look at the RS 6 and E55 AMG now? WHY BANGLE!!!





looks-wise, its a NO CONTEST. They better hope benz doesn't whip out their fancy 7 speed tranny with a V10, or that Audi breaks out the CVT with a V10 biturbo :D now that would be nice, CVT and Biturbo V10....mmmm....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
The e60's have been bangled...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm new to BMW's. So, this maybe a dumb question but WTF does Bangle mean ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Stacy540i@Sep 30 2003, 06:56 PM
I'm new to BMW's. So, this maybe a dumb question but WTF does Bangle mean ?
chris bangle is the cheif designer at bmw (has been since 92) and most people blame him on the new 'questionable' designs. although you gotta give him credit for the E39's, E38's, and E46's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by MrM3@Sep 30 2003, 11:44 PM
chris bangle is the cheif designer at bmw (has been since 92) and most people blame him on the new 'questionable' designs. although you gotta give him credit for the E39's, E38's, and E46's.
Ahhh, Thanks MrM3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
donutchow,

That's what I think too, They look "Too Tall".
I would prefer a lower and wider look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
i saw one at the dealership and i noticed that the windows are really small and the body sticks out on the side. its like the car is an armored car. but i do like the interior, they did areally nice job with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
I like it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,663 Posts
Just got back from the stealer today. Homeslice said expected HP figures are pushing 550 now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Oct 1 2003, 12:35 PM
Just got back from the stealer today. Homeslice said expected HP figures are pushing 550 now.
lol who's homeslice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,663 Posts
Matt Moody my BMW service advisor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
It's all about complaining. =P I think people like to complain.. we complain about work(or school for some... or both!), our family, our home, our country, our car, our yard, our food, our tv, our computer, our body..... just pass the blame on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
what does bangle mean? whoops, didn't read the whole post, my bad >_<
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
^scroll up and reread this thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
yer its a bit of a let down with the new model, the new 3 series is great, oh well most of the rest are sweet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by nosuchsol@Oct 2 2003, 02:41 AM
It's all about complaining. =P I think people like to complain.. we complain about work(or school for some... or both!), our family, our home, our country, our car, our yard, our food, our tv, our computer, our body..... just pass the blame on.
Are you complaining about people complaining? Isn't that a bit redundant, redundant?

Looks like ass on wheels.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top