BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.I am a new member here. I live in the island of St Lucia in the caribbean. i recently bought a 1999 318i from someone here. It had an M43 engine in it but it was no good. I got the car for a dirt cheap price. It is a european model however a friend ordered an engine from Miami for me. So I ended up with an M44 engine. It came without a harness so he just got me the harness and computer. A friend and I are putting the engine in ourselves and we were trying to make the M44 engine work with the M43 harness but no luck. So now i have the right harness and computer, the problem is that we can't see where the plugs/connections are for the M44 wiring harness on the engine. Is there any way I can get any pictures of where the connections are on the engine. I have tried everywhere. Thanks a lot. Hope I didn't write too much. I just wanted to be clear.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
They're supposed to be color coded. i.e. brown sensor to the brown harness terminal; blue sensor to the blue harness terminal, etc...

If that doesn't work, then you can maybe post pics of the harness terminal and i can tell you where it should go. Either that or we go by the wire color codes that you see :)

· Registered
1,493 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.