1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
No f u

·
Registered
48 Posts
you can throw a downing atlanta supercharger in there which will put out around 200hp 230tq and rebuild your 3.45 diferential from a 25% lockup to a 60% lockup and go hit the twisties.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by playboy@Jan 26 2004, 04:42 PM
you can throw a downing atlanta supercharger in there which will put out around 200hp 230tq and rebuild your 3.45 diferential from a 25% lockup to a 60% lockup and go hit the twisties.
We're talking about an E30. DASC's dont fit E30 M42's.

The stock small case diff will have to go. Get a big case 4.10 LSD from an auto 325is or M3, and do a lot of suspension work.

Dont expect the M42 to provide monstrous power oversteer, youll have to string it pretty high to get the tires spinning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im guessing the max I can get out of this engine is with cai/exhaust/chip and basically thats it, unless i want to throw alot into cams, but i dont think thats going to happen. I will work on suspention though because either way it will be a necessary component to drift and/or support for a much stronger engine.

Has anyone heard of a throwing an "i" head onto the 2.7block of the eta?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not a myth. My friend is doing it. As for me, I think Im going to research dropping a sr20det into my ride. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts