BMW Werkz banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Oil pick up tube

I pray that is all that is wrong that the pick up tube is clogged!
The Oil pick up screen was clogged very badly with metal shavings from my chain guard that broke while i was driving on the highway. Thank GOD! I am going out of town for a couple of days i will put it back together when i get back
and start tuning the new AFM, If i get it tuned close I will add the FIC to control the injectors and delete the AFM, I will use the ostrich to control timing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Got little done today

I cleaned up the oil pan and pick up tube then re-installed it to the block. I had my exhaust clamped so I took the clamps off and welded from the cat back, I will finish welding the system tomorrow, I am also looking into adding an extra bung for original O2 sensor being the CEL is throwing O2 sensor code. when I dropped the cradle the bolts loosened too easy I mean I could have taken them off with a 3/8 drive ratchet. so I am kinda glad I dropped it even though after removing the oil pan I notice I didn't have to drop the cradle but did have to move the power steering pump. The oil pick up is built into the oil pan then is sucked thru the block from the top of the oil pan. while everything is off from the bottom I am taking my time to clean up and inspect.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Back in action

Got the motor buttoned up, got the exhaust welded i did it myself the first weld i ever did and it could be prettier but I will be tweaking that. The idle still needs work i can not find a vacuum leak and seems like i can not get enough gas to the motor on idle without shutting it off, throttle responds is very crisp and aggressive really nice, i have not driven it yet a fool stole my tags while it was parked. so i will be going to the DMV to get new tags to test drive.

After doing some research on motors i been thinking of swapping out the M42 for a 1uzfe, it has been really heavy on my mind lately but I will not rush to do that i will be researching this until the summer. until then i will be upgrading intercooler and piping, but new side skirts and bumpers maybe m3 or m3 knock off are in order, just start on the outside of the car to get it looking clean and fresh. we will see. i should be riding monday or tues i will update then.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Took it for a spin

I got my tags today and took it for a spin...boost hits strong with a little lag tune is off running lean, I will take it to a empty parking lot in the morning and play with the tune to get it running better sounds tons better welded but the car is too low due to the junk I have stacked inside it. I will be cleaning it up and tuning it in the morning. I am going to Maryland I will have one of my boys take a video of the car driving ...I am sure you will be able to see the clutch slip however it didn't slip @ 8 psi today. The car is loud though when I got to my friends house i set an alarm off three cars down just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Following Ur Foot Steps

Hi there any updates, nice write up on the whole process. It's been my guideance to Turbo Charge my M43, 318. Just manged to hook up the AR65 to my M43, 318 and run. Having issues with engine oil leaks at the timing chain cover even with valve cover hose routed to oil catch tank with one end open. By the way can you help me to post some pictures of the scavanger pump installation and the valve cover piping routhing for my reference. Thanks again. :rule

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I have been every busy!

After repairing the oil pick up tube it was to late i drove the car too long while starving for oil and it started smoking so I ordered another motor ...I know some maybe mad but i will build the m42 in the future for now I am going drop in a M52b28 with a Holset, MLS Head gasket, ARP headstuds, 42 lbs injectors, and get it tuned whatever it comes to after baseline that is where I will keep it...I just picked up an s13 coupe planning to swap in a 2jzgte in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Cool

Hi there any updates, nice write up on the whole process. It's been my guideance to Turbo Charge my M43, 318. Just manged to hook up the AR65 to my M43, 318 and run. Having issues with engine oil leaks at the timing chain cover even with valve cover hose routed to oil catch tank with one end open. By the way can you help me to post some pictures of the scavanger pump installation and the valve cover piping routhing for my reference. Thanks again. :rule
I will be going to my car today so i will take pics and post them up the chain cover is a queen B..get new profile gaskets and if you have a larger head gasket than stock layer it with gasket paper and black gasket maker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, thanks for the tips and looking forward to see those pictures. Is the M52b28 going to be FI as well.... Thanks again. TC.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Boosted 6

Hi there, thanks for the tips and looking forward to see those pictures. Is the M52b28 going to be FI as well.... Thanks again. TC.:D
Yes I have to get mani and injectors thinking of running 10 psi tuned and leaving it there..after that focus is on 2jz s13 coupe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
M52B18 swap started

The motor will be dropped at the machine shop to get it ready for turbo setup...from all of the lessons learned milling the block as well as the head is needed when fitting the new head gasket for a turbo app. O-Ringing the block and changing the pistons are also in order. Looking to put down 400whp... also changing to m3 brakes and diff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The motor will be dropped at the machine shop to get it ready for turbo setup...from all of the lessons learned milling the block as well as the head is needed when fitting the new head gasket for a turbo app. O-Ringing the block and changing the pistons are also in order. Looking to put down 400whp... also changing to m3 brakes and diff.
Nice works on the new engine. Any pictures of your previous M42 turbo installation. My engine would be done by end of this month :eek:hnoes. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Nice works on the new engine. Any pictures of your previous M42 turbo installation. My engine would be done by end of this month :eek:hnoes. Thanks
Yes i tried to upload but i am doing sowith my phone and i am having problems putting them up i will post pics of the m42 as i yank it out.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts