BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about boosting my e36 318is but I've read that it may be harder with a RHD e36 as brakes and steering components might be in the way. I know its possible to do I just need to find a RHD turbo kit and some advice. so if you've done a turbo kit on your M42, any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couldn't you slip an aluminum V8 in it for around the same $$ they want for a new turbo kit? Motors are getting pretty inexpensive at some of these pick n pull wrecking yards. The power to weight ratio would have to put a smile on a persons face that couldn't be removed even with the assistance of C4 and a pry bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't you slip an aluminum V8 in it for around the same $$ they want for a new turbo kit? Motors are getting pretty inexpensive at some of these pick n pull wrecking yards. The power to weight ratio would have to put a smile on a persons face that couldn't be removed even with the assistance of C4 and a pry bar.
Already got 2 V8's in the garage and I want to keep my e36 somewhat original if you can even say turboing an m42 is keeping it original. I've thought about a 2.5L swap but everyone seems to be going that way and id rather mine stand out from the others

·
Registered
2 Posts
Already got 2 V8's in the garage and I want to keep my e36 somewhat original if you can even say turboing an m42 is keeping it original. I've thought about a 2.5L swap but everyone seems to be going that way and id rather mine stand out from the others
There's a wrecking yard in Spanaway Wa. that recently got a 2003 330 M3 in their yd. They aren't too bad in price for their parts. That motor would make it stand out . Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts