BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if i could fit a 3.5l m30 engine into my 1985 528e? Right now it has a 2.7l m20 eingine. I was just toying with the idea and was wondering if its even worth trying.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
umm ur better off dropping a s52 3.2l in ur e28 with some mods.. :thumbs

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Old528e@Jan 4 2004, 12:28 AM
Thats gonna cost me a lot more. Are you talking about the S52 engine with 321 hp?
no...the s52 from the U.S. Spec m3. 240hp

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would i need a new tranny. And if i wanted to would the m30 fit or would it be near impossible. I was thinking of rebuilding a m30 engine, so i could buy it cheaper. But finding a s52 engine to rebuild is going to be more difficult.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What you are trying to do would cost a lot. Two entirely different engines.
2.7l=small block. 3.2/3.4l=big block.
The engine will fit in the but the motor mounts and mounting posotions are different. I think the trannys won't bolt up either. I am not sure if the drive shafts are the same.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think it is possible at all to put the m30 engine in. Do you think its possible to swap the engine at all. Like say if i were to put different mounts in. Or am i just fighting a lost cause.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Old528e@Jan 8 2004, 03:24 PM
Do you think it is possible at all to put the m30 engine in. Do you think its possible to swap the engine at all. Like say if i were to put different mounts in. Or am i just fighting a lost cause.
You can do anything if you have the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts