BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving back from playing golf at a friends country club, and i was agressiving weaving through some traffic, and i turned off the highway to get on a spur route to take me home.....im turning the on ramp and i see a older m5 (e39, but without angels/clears) so i step on it comming out of the turn, dart left and pull next to him, i roll down the passenger window and i see its a older guy (40's), and right now im about at 4.5k, and i was about to pass the guy, but he nails it! I was like shizzobam! I nailed it slighty after, but he had to downshift, were dead even, i shift, he shifts, he pulls a few feet, my CAI is starting to scream, as he shifts, i pull, then i shift, were back to even....were makin a medium turn and he backs off a little at 102mph, i slide past him as we approach a light...its red, i stop right at the line, and he has his front wheel at my rear wheel, i thought he had given up, right before the light turned green (he timed it PERFECTLY), he drops it and passes me right as it turns green and he has like a 10mph head start i was like fockin a, i ducked in behind him as were crusin about 55 (cops LOVE to hand around) as this chevy blows us off at 75, and i was thinkin, you dont wanna blow through here at 60+ and right as i say that, theres a cop off to the right, the guy in the chevy speed checks back to 55, we pass the cop, the m5 and me open it up and leave the guy in the dust, he turns off we both give a honk....i never knew old guys could drive/shift like that, nor would they want to....hats off to him, he cooked my ass, though i think ill be dead even with them after i get a dinan exhaust (350hp, baby! B) )

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
crazy story. glad ur back u with ur great driving experiences

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
*note to self* add //m5 to kill list... :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nice story. you should take the M5 off the line and he should pull on you from a roll.

For exhaust, you should get the eisenmann weirstchier or whatever the hell that thing is called, I think they weigh like 10 pounds or something.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
hey welcome back man

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the m5s acceleration is a bit faster to 60 then mine, but after a dinan exhaust (wanna keep my warrenty) ill be pushing approx 350hp, and that should shave the .1 off my acceleration time that i need to beat a m5....however, i think its torque is pretty strong on the highway, i stayed even cause i think i was in the right gear for acceleration (4.5k in a M3 snaps your neck back)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o, and, btw you just wait, because my and my dad will have some CRAZY ass driving stories after his mid life crisis car arrives, ill give you a hint what it is: its german, it does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, and its twin turbocharged.... :eek: but hopefully my dad lets me drive it since it is like 2x more then any car we currently own, lol

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Apr 21 2003, 07:12 AM
o, and, btw you just wait, because my and my dad will have some CRAZY ass driving stories after his mid life crisis car arrives, ill give you a hint what it is: its german, it does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, and its twin turbocharged.... :eek: but hopefully my dad lets me drive it since it is like 2x more then any car we currently own, lol
GT2 or GT3?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
lets hope so :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol nonononono....its a 911TT, the gt2 maybe be .1 faster (911tt does 0-60 in 3.9) but i guarentee that the 911tt is more controllable with the AWD then a 456hp RWD, ass heavy beast...though my dad is still contemplating getting the performance package (911tt boosted to 450hp, basically a gt2 with AWD) but triggrhappi says the boost will just be more violent and less civilized...so i think it stays were it is, 911tt, dark grey, natural dark grey leather, 6spd manual, aero kit, and a few aluminum goodies....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
but triggrhappi says the boost will just be more violent and less civilized...
:eek: THATS WHY YOU WANT IT!!!! Man... AWD cars may launch like sweetness itself... and they may keep on the road... but i can tell you one thing. They are no fun to drive. I wanted one so bad untill my friend bought a turbo AWD talon. He cant have any of the fun i have in my RWD beast (its not really a beast but shh...) he cant spin out, do dohnuts, do cool reverse to forward tricks. he can just do insanely fast launches. RWD forever

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
but who knows if speedster'ss dad would want to do col tricks. maybe he has enough satisfaction beating ur ass

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol the gt2 was too expensive...a 911TT is sweet enough....lol the awd is there for the grip at lauches and to harness the 415hp around the turns....my dad is a speed freak (moreso then me somewhat), and im sure he'll test out the 190mph top speed shortly after he breaks it in

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
the 0-60 times might be close for the TT and the Gt2 but look at the 1/4 mile times and the trap speeds. I guarantee that GT2 will walk the 911TT from a roll. I will also handle better because it weighs less and is rwd.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if anyone would like to front the $60,000 price difference, please, go ahead, and do so! lol, $136,000 is enough to pay for a car, and my mom had a cow when my dad told her yesterday, 3 days after we ordered it....she was furious, but shes ok now :angry:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Apr 22 2003, 04:15 AM
... $136,000 is enough to pay for a car, ...
Here I am thinking 6,000 is enough to pay for a car.

*sigh* And to think I'm in debt up to my ass. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing I don't need money to make me happy (nor the perty things you can buy with it).

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
none of us are rich like your dad! Just stating that the GT2 is a better car. Also if your dad is spending that much why doesn't he buy a 360 Modena, I guess preference.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea, the gt2 is a nice car, but i thought the ferrari 360 was $180k (at least according to MT).....that was more then my dad wanted to spend, and the gt2 is like $195k or something

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I thought the 360 was only like $140k and the syder was like $190 or something. I dunno

1 - 20 of 22 Posts