BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
read my reply in the last post, but if you'll notice the M3 wins hands down in the performance category, everythign else is subjective.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
well if you throw out the ride and luggage space category (which dont really belong in a comparison of the high performance coupes) the M3 wouldve beaten the audi even though the audi got a huge points bonus for price :rolleyes: i would be perfectly happy if they would just post the numbers they came up with, their opinions and left it at that.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
m3 hands down. who caes about luggage space. thats what the passenger seat is for...that or a rally navigator

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
maximum sustained lateral g's while in controlled tight turn. it measures the grip of the car

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Weight/contact patch = grip ratio

At least when comparing cars.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Nov 25 2003, 12:10 PM
maximum sustained lateral g's while in controlled tight turn. it measures the grip of the car
i thought lateral g's were grip on straight line acceleration, and transverse g's were the g's sustained while turning

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
the M3 is best in performance partly because it's much lighter, but it's sad how heavy the E46 M3 is. the S4 has the overall package though, with the 4 doors and the trunk space. plus, the ride isn't as harsh, and we all know you can't drive the car like a race car all the time, it has to be somewhat practical if you're getting a car like that. it's all about opinion though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dude regarding your comment that the S4 is a v8, i think it is a v6, might be wrong though...Let me know...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by ramzizaz@Nov 25 2003, 08:56 PM
Dude regarding your comment that the S4 is a v8, i think it is a v6, might be wrong though...Let me know...
it's a V8

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3+Nov 25 2003, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrM3 @ Nov 25 2003, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lwebb12@Nov 25 2003, 12:10 PM
i thought lateral g's were grip on straight line acceleration, and transverse g's were the g's sustained while turning [/b][/quote]
nah Lateral G forces are sustained when a vehicle enters a turn. Transverse G's are felt during acceleration and braking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts