BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking at a used '97 M3 with 76,000 miles on it. It's being sold for about 17,000. I understand M3's are expensive (I think the MSRP is 39,000). Since there is a big difference does that mean this car must have been in an accident? I've seen a few other M3's around that price and mileage, but I always thought even a used M3 would be in the $20,000 range.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Our M3 cost 37 500$ (can). 98 with 47 000 km...

Get the car checked out by your mechanic. He should be able to tell if work has been done.

Who's selling it to you? I wouldn't buy a car from some people...just cuz..you get that weird feeling... :uggh. On the flip side, I wouldn't SELL my car to certain people. 4 years ago, trying to sell my army green and tan interior 89 jeep YJ :rock.I had this one fool, who had driven up in a civic coupe (i forget the year, the 2 door, non-hatchback one), take a ride. He hops in and struggles a lil with the clutch, no big deal it was a lil sensitive(which I had warned him about...). Then later in a 30 zone he starts to kill it :nono ... reving at a lil over 5.5rpms in first(keep in mind this is an OLD jeep, i forget the exact mileage..) I told him...

"Hey...slow down you didn't buy it yet. Turn right here."

On the ride back, I told him I wanted 7000$ for it. Which is a total rip-off, You could barely make 5000$ off that. Some work had to be done, wasn't to practical. But it was still a dope ride.

Sold it to some other kid who actually came back a few months after the sale to show me what he had done...it was nice..he had a tight stereo in it. and added a tan strip on the car's side. Painted the rims gold! lol that was actually not bad.

Make sure the car comes with records...and a booklet...if those are missing... :deal the guy might be making a face like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bi///mmer and KingScare.

bi///mmer: Thanks for the offer! I'm actually going to use CarMax in the next few days, I hear its about $25 for unlimited vehicle checks.

KingScare: Thanks for the information also. I'll bring a mechanic then. I think it's a private seller, but that's all I know. It's hard to find cars on the internet, believe it or not. I'd like an M3 in black and in manual and under certain mileage, and I'm getting limited results :dunno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts