BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!!!

Is posible to adapt an euro M3 intake manifold with multi throttle bodies to an M52 engine?

I have heard that the USA M3 has the same intake that the M52 (323/328), so, have done someone anything like this? Other solution is to install the intake manifold from a M50 325, that will be easier, any info?

All the help will be wellcome

Thanx

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
what car are you driving. if you have an 328, you will benifit from an S52 intake, i dunno about a M50, from what i gather their is no gains to be made.

get in touch with fissionX hes the expert on these questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is a 323. I have seen some pages with the process of installing the intake manifold from a 325 (M50) to a 328 (M52), and they said that extra power is gained, but I prefer to install the multi throttle intake manifold from the Euro M3, is that what you refer S52? o that one is from the USA M3?

Anyway I will send a message to FissionX

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
a m3 3.2l s52 that havin a m50 intake manifold adds lik 20-30 depending on if u use F/I

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
a M50 intake mainifold wont give you alot of gains, but will steal some low and midrange power and put it at the top. i cant remember what the dyno sheets read, but there was something like a 15lbft tq decrease in the midrange. you would pretty much lose out with a M50 intake manifold without a chip, so deffinately get the two together

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@Jan 8 2004, 06:23 PM
a M50 intake mainifold wont give you alot of gains, but will steal some low and midrange power and put it at the top. i cant remember what the dyno sheets read, but there was something like a 15lbft tq decrease in the midrange. you would pretty much lose out with a M50 intake manifold without a chip, so deffinately get the two together
ya eurospeed.com sells that kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is that I fell that my car "deads" when passing 5000 rpm, I have also in mind to change exhaust manifolds and camshafts for the M3 ones, that's why im thinking in swapping the intake manifold. I allready have a direct intake from ECIS, with K&N filter and shield, and an ECU reprograming from Digital-Motors, but I will reprogram again after the changes.

Any suggestion? It isn't anyway worth changing the intake in my car? (the difference between my 323 --> 170hp and the 325-->192hp I think is worth)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts