BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u think about poeple who put a /mm emblem on a non M ? i saw some guy today who had a ///m3 emblem on a 318.

Do u think i could pull it off on a 325iS?

I get the feeling i'd be killed if one of u guys ever saw me on the road with that

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the ///M badge is really about the spirit of driving, not the mods you have on your car. I personally like the cyan, the blue and the red (I think I got it right :D ). But if you recall how BMW company started - they had an M emblem on a motorcycle in 1920s B)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by mostwired@Sep 27 2003, 01:46 AM
I think the ///M badge is really about the spirit of driving, not the mods you have on your car. I personally like the cyan, the blue and the red (I think I got it right :D ). But if you recall how BMW company started - they had an M emblem on a motorcycle in 1920s B)
I like that mostwired..nicely put!! B)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I agree with what mostwired said too...the spirit of driving!

But...I also feel it's kinda tacky to have the emblems on non Ms. It's like being a "wanna-be". Sorry guys...who have them on....no offence. I personally like the emblems and have thought of adding them on myself but decided not to. What people think do matter, unfortunately.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've got mixed feelings on this subject. I tend to lean more towards CosmosBlack's comment of it being tacky. It makes me think of all these ricers out there that put NOS decals on a car without nitrous, or VTEC badges on a non-VTEC Honda.

However, I do have M3 wheels on my 325iS so would that be considered tacky? I'm sporting the ///M symbol on my car in four locations.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
heres my input on this: you can do as much as you want to your car to make it look like an ///m car (change rims, aerodynamics, interior, engine swap, brake swap, suspension swap, etc) but you should still wont have a true ///m car. they have different vin #s anyway and by the time that you do enough mods to it to convince someone its a true ///m, you could have bought yourself 1 and 1/2 cars or 2 even. so, in the end its never worth it, but if your thinking about putting an ///m on a regular 3, forget it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts